Where do people buy the World Postcard Day postcards?

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

There are many designs available on Etsy, too! I have designs from the shops ArtfulGeetCreations and MNJohn for this WPD this year :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

If you want the winner of the design contest card, you can get them printed yourself with online printers like MOO, Zazzle, Vistaprint or take the design files to a local printer.

The design files are here to be downloaded: Celebrate the World Postcard Day

5 Likes

I ordered cards made by the paper sisters.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone❤️

This US postcrosser did a bulk order & has official cards you can order from her for 8 cents a card plus shipping:

1 Like

I thought that they looked neat and would like to send one on world postcard day but don’t know where I can buy or get them.

Try this person who was offering bulk orders to people for 8 cents a card plus shipping.

You could also get them printed yourself in a local print shop or through an online vendor like MOO, Zazzle etc
The graphic files are here to be downloaded:

4 Likes

I bought on vista print.

1 Like

I had them printed on moo. A little more expensive than vistaprint but you can get smaller quantities. A local printshop could do it as well.

1 Like

Here in Canada, is there a particular self-printing vendor you’ve used that you would recommend?

1 Like

I haven’t found a self printer that works for me in Canada Julia.

Vistaprint, which is Cdn, will only print like 25 or 50 copies per postcard if I remember so that’s no good for me - way too many. I’ve used Zazzle & been quite happy with it, particularly their 50% off sales - you can get postcards for 80 cents on a regular basis plus I can make my own with images. It’s US based & you do pay for delivery, but the charges aren’t too high & they’re pretty quick depending on the option you choose.

And despite some of the discussions on here from some people about not wanting ZAZZLE cards which I think is foolish, I’ve never, ever had a complaint, just compliments.

I’ve never tried MOO, but they’re US based too.

There could be another option out there, but I haven’t come across it yet.

1 Like

Thank you, @LC-Canada — I appreciate your detailed response.

I was wondering about it because people often ask for postcards that ought to exist, but don’t (e.g. there’s a historical lighthouse in my city, but I haven’t found any postcards of it). We simply don’t have that much commercial variety here,and it would be so great just to use one’s own photos in some cases.

1 Like

I received a postcard from Italy. The post card was of a photograph the sender took herself. It was beautiful street all closed up for the evening! So pretty. I want to visit.

2 Likes

I sourced for local printers and did a combined order with a local friend who’s also on postcrossing. For 20 postcards (double-sided colour printing) on 300GSM Matte White Texture Surface, it was SGD 35. Would love to have done a bigger bulk order though.

I ordered a small batch print of the winning design on premium stock and split the cost with (mostly) local Postcrossers.

I feel like local group buys are a great way to do this, and I’ve generally had 2-3 requests to do mail orders. I saw the big group buy and the cost is so much lower, but it seems like a lot of work on the organizer’s end to keep track, pack, and ship each order.

1 Like

Where can I purchase the 2023 World Post crossing day postcard?

@CardMaker

The winning design hasn’t been announced yet. It should be coming out in mid-August

2 Likes

Do you mean World Postcard Day official postcard?
It’s not for sale.
After they announce the winner of the contest, they will give us free file we can print by ourselves.

For non official card you can buy from many online shops

1 Like

There is something at Papersisters.de available for the WPD.

1 Like