What was your best postcrossing experience?

I had a few nice experiences. On my birthday i received 3 cards wishing me a happy birthday, and it trully made my day!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also, i believe it was my 2nd received postcard, the man who sent, also sent a bookmark made of old stamps. It is so beautiful, and i’m using it on the book that i’m reading right now :heart:

14 Likes

Some weeks ago I received an official mail - in an envelope with so many goodies, that I was overwhelmed :slight_smile: And now, we exchanged letters for the third time - so nice.
Apart from that I totally agree with @Livletliv - wonderful pos!

6 Likes

I just love how the joy is spreading :smiley: like yesterday, or was it the day before?, somebody received my card in the easy wishes tag and I’ve received such a happy message about that! It really made my day! Sometimes when I pull an address or when I participate in something like the easy wishes tag, a card just jumps to mind for that person, and when they receive it and send me such a happy message it really makes my heart sing somehow :smiley:

9 Likes

do we have a topic to share random happy things? because a few days ago i got a hurray message that said ‘my husband liked your card so much that he decided to start postcrossing himself.’

40 Likes

Hahaha, a three legged gecko…:joy: I know what you mean though :grin:

2 Likes

A little while ago my postlady rang the doorbell. She told me she gets excited every time she sees a postcard because she knows they almost always are for me. ‘You get such lovely cards, so often!’ And she wanted to know why :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So I told her about postcrossing and showed her some cards I was about to drop off.

A couple of days later I found a beautiful handmade card in my mailbox, from her, thanking me for explaining postcrossing to her!

I hope I’ve convinced her to join, but I haven’t seen her in person since :sweat_smile: So I wrote her a postcard, to thank her in turn, and taped it to my mailbox. It has since been taken but I still haven’t seen her :rofl:

46 Likes

do you always have the same mailperson? i see like 5 different people here. i taped a card to my door with christmas/new year but i have actually no idea who got my card :sweat_smile: (they’re all nice though so it doesn’t really matter)

6 Likes

No, I have multiple too, but I put her name on the envelope. It took a while for her to take it, I think she was on holiday maybe

1 Like

10+ years ago I stumbled across a post introducing Postcrossing, which got me into it, on an anime/manga forum. A month later, I got a card from a girl whom I noticed had very similar hobbies as mine, and we became penpals. One day I looked at the forum post again, and saw that OP updated it and said she’s got a penpal from Hong Kong through this website who also liked the same manga… and I realised she was talking about me!!! My penpal, whom I met on Postcrossing, was the person who introduced me to Postcrossing lol.

Our friendship had escalated since (even though our snail mail exchange had stopped at some point - one of us probably got lazy first), and I got to meet her in person when she visited Hong Kong; she had since moved to Japan to continue her study and work. 10 years later, I visited Japan just before the pandemic, and the region I visited happened to be near where she lived, so we met up again. My future plan consists of moving to Europe, in a country where she also has plans to revisit, so maybe our 3rd meeting will be in Europe :blush:

36 Likes

Wow! Great story :+1:

Wow ! Didn’t know this ! What a Great Story :slight_smile:
Made me smile

I’ve made great penpals in my neighbor Caribbean countries of Cuba and Venezuela. It takes a while even if we are only a few hundred or thousand kilometers away but it was a great way to connect with countries so close yet so little communication.
:venezuela: :revolving_hearts: :cuba: :revolving_hearts: :puerto_rico: We need more unity between ALL Caribbean countries.

15 Likes

Nice topic, I am enjoying reading the stories. In the short time I have been here I had 2 amazing experiences: a wonderful postcard from Guiana Francesa and a magical birthday postcard from France, it came with a little coin glued on it and a lot of nice stamps (and, the best of all: a sweet message to me).

7 Likes

I’ve been on my PC-journey only for 2 months and got 4 cards up today. They all have been special but one of them involved an incredible story.

In my profile I told that I like the photographer Elliott Erwitt who really knows how to capture the moment.

(Living in a moment is something I’m not good at all. My patience has been tested every day now 'couse I have started looking eagerly at the mailbox, thing which I didn’t do with enthusiasm before.)

Then one day finally found cards in my mailbox. Among them was a down-to-earth, heart-warming bw-picture of mother and child. And I turned the card.

It was from Brazil. Picture was taken years ago by the photographer-father (the sender). Then it was made to a postcards, but not only that: the picture itself is also printed in a book called Love, where all the pictures were selected by - and here comes the huge surprice - Mr. Elliott Erwitt.

I had to smile with a little tear. It was so crazy to think how strangely we can be connected to each others - even there is 12 000 km between us.

Also I was thinking what kind of algorithms there are that control the addresses… How could they know. :wink:

No really, I simply love the idea of PC. This is something both beautiful and needed!

32 Likes

Hey everyone. I joined on 1/18/22, and my first two postcards were received in Germany this morning! I am so happy! This is my best experience so far. I didn’t know how long it would take, and it was frustrating to see a zero by my name. I am so glad that the cards arrived quickly and that the recipients acknowledged the cards. Thank you! I am ready to send more out today. Also, I can’t wait to get my first postcard now. Yippee!!! I’m an official Postcrosser now. It’s time to do my happy dance!

30 Likes

Welcome! What a pity that you did not upload the cards! Snd the addressees did neither.

1 Like

@RalfH Thank you for the response. You live and learn. I will do better next round and continue to improve as I get the hang of it all.

2 Likes

Perhaps the addressees will upload the pictures if you ask them. The sender can do so until the cards are registered by the addressees.

2 Likes

You’re in no way obligated to upload images, as either the sender or receiver, and there’s no reason to feel bad that you didn’t.

10 Likes

You are right and I should have emphazised that. On the other hand it might be a pity if you look at your virtual wall of send postcards in some years and cannot see their images there. I have read many times, that people regret, that they have not uploaded their first cards and that is why I mentioned this point.

7 Likes