What inspired your Postcrossing username?

This is so happy!

1 Like

Hello! Hadrill was the name of my AD&D character.

1 Like

dxminimal
d for the first letter of my name,
x for unknown, or multiply, or “for” in spanish popular writing use
minimal, for the way I do quite everything.

3 Likes

sincerelymaria

It’s common to sign letters and postcards as “Sincerely, [your name]” so I thought it would make for a clever username to a site like this!

2 Likes

My username is based on my last name, Trinchieri, coupled with the fact that my wife and daughters think I’m related to the Grinch. Not a big fan of Christmas.

8 Likes

My name has everything to do with James Bond.
Well, it all started in the years of the IRC (you may remember mIRC - text chat), in the 90’s and since the name jamesbond was already taken and the fact that I’m portugueses, I chose this one ‘ze’ (portuguese short name for José, Joseph in english) + ‘bond’ (from James Bond).
Fun fact: my name is not José :grin: :wink:

2 Likes

It’s simple: The word for dog in German + my year of birth. I used to use an even longer username on other websites referencing a dog from a video game. His name is KK Slider or Totakeke and he plays the guitar in the Animal Crossing game franchise. I love music and dogs, so he is a perfect fit for me… Sadly, understanding and pronouncing the old username was a bit hard for people who do not speak German, so I shortened it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As we moved to Greece, my hubby’s home, and sunsets are stunning at the sea, plus we love sunsets in general, I changed our nickname to ‘iliovasilema’ which means ‘sunset’ in Greek :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Childhood nickname

1 Like

My cat Momo

7 Likes

Mine is TigaHeartMalt.
It’s based on the Pooh character Tigger. When I was really little, my favorite teddy was Tigger, except I couldn’t pronounce it correctly, and it sounded like Tiga (Tee-Gah). Tigger, in the stories, loves extract or malt, therefore, Tiga Heart Malt

3 Likes

Many years ago I was dog sitting for someone my mom plays soccer with. Their wifi password was “crispyunit” and I thought it was funny so I ended up making it my gamertag for Minecraft and other video games (and now Postcrossing!).

2 Likes

Big hint: click on my profile and see where I am :rofl:

1 Like

My name in my language is similar to the world " scarlet" and my mother always called me scarlet flower :rose::smiling_face:

1 Like

The name of a tree + my birthday
Why use a tree name? Because the acacia tree represents family joy.

1 Like

Oh in the USA we might call you a heinshundt which is a hot dog meant to be said to German Shepherds or dachshunds. Yes my grandparents spoke German. I really like your hund91.

My last name means a hub or cog or a farmer down the road in Platt Deutsch.

Good day!

1 Like

Anyone remember these slightly disturbing life simulation games called Creatures from early 2000s? It’s mostly about breeding “cute” aliens called norns. They could be trained to understand and follow simple text written commands. If you wanted two norns to mate the command for that would be “push norn”, “push” basically meaning “making love to”, and it was necessary to copy-paste-spam it at the creatures, however since they didn’t understand the concept of names and everyone was norn this could lead to uncomfortable events when more than two of them were present. So… my username can mean something like “f*** it / them / you / each other”. I was playing the games a lot as a kid and it’s just a funny memory.

1 Like