What inspired your Postcrossing username?

Lots of you have interesting usernames, so I’m curious to know the stories behind them! :slight_smile:

I’ll start with mine! “meia de leite” is the name of a Portuguese drink, a simple cup of coffee and milk. I used to drink it a lot in my university years, and the name stuck.

What about yours?

69 Likes

Kanerva means “Heather” in Finnish. It can be used either as first name (female) or last name (surname) here in Finland. Heather is a common flower even up North.

30 Likes

my name

14 Likes

Mine is boringly just my first name, that is very rare here. First it was with small letters but I changed it after 7 years :grin:

13 Likes

Mine is just my surname, translated into English from Swedish. :slightly_smiling_face:

…And now I’ve just changed my username to BestWishesEric, so I can be consistent across Postcrossing, the forum, and Instagram. :joy:

14 Likes

Obviously… a cat. My first own cat, Angel. He had his name already when we got him, but he was really an angel. He’s gone 7 years ago, before I registered here, so as a memory I chose that name.

32 Likes

Someone will be disappointed, but mikebond has nothing to do with James Bond! :joy:
I created this pseudonym when I was 13 or 14 and nobody spoke of usernames. It’s made of my first name in English plus the first letters of my surname. As simple as that! :wink:

15 Likes

True north is part of a line in the Canadian national anthem: “the true north, strong and free”. I live on the 49th parallel, hence the 49 :slight_smile:

On the forum I was pixiebc, which was my first username on Postcrossing as well. Pixie or pix was a nickname some friends used for me in high school, and BC because I used to live in British Columbia back then.

25 Likes

I LOVE this topic! :smiley:

Mine comes from a band I love for decades, :slight_smile:

Anyone who’s interested in Eels,check them out,
http://www.eelstheband.com/

28 Likes

My username is inspired by a detective in the Inspector Rebus novels by Ian Rankin, Siobhan Clarke. I liked the character, but also her name because I studied in Ireland for a semester many, many moons ago and took a course in Irish language there. So it combines my love of (detective) books with my Irish experience. :slight_smile:

I almost never capitalize my usernames, so it’s not an accident or laziness that I spell it all in lower case. :wink:

17 Likes

My username was born out of my passion for the band “Depeche Mode” and 73 is my year of birth.
Easy but strong :ghost:

27 Likes

My username is used poetically for England. Since my early childhood I’ve been drawn to anything English.

17 Likes

My username is my initials from when I joined Postcrossing. I’ve since changed my last name, but I’m sticking with KAS on here anyway!

14 Likes

“SkyHound” is a homophone of my actual name, also the callsign of a helicopter flight in one of my favorite games.

16 Likes

Meidans is a combination of the first three characters of my last name which also means the month of may and dans means dance which I loved to do a lot before my feet became so bad that I needed orthopedic shoes. But still I dance in my house :upside_down_face:.
Meidans is also a dance in the month of may. Allthough I’ve never participated innthis groupdance I like it a lot. So I’m really happy with my username :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes

Mine is a random one I made up when I was still in high school. I think it’s fairly unique and not too weird so I’ve been using it ever since.

11 Likes

I’m a big Scooby Doo fan! I am CaliSmiles on the old forum, but I’ll stick with my original RuhRohRaggy here in the new forum.

20 Likes

I just love fig trees - the shape of the leaves, the fruit, everything. :leaves: :deciduous_tree:

17 Likes

Well it is obvious my first name en because it already existed when I registered at postcrossing I added my birth year.

8 Likes

Raichi is Japanese means “liche” :coconut:. I don’t feel strongly about liche itself, but its old spell in Kanji “茘枝” moves my heart so much.
Aki is just my given name.

19 Likes