What does your postbox look like?

@aerobear where’s the gold postbox taken at?

Gorgeous all your pics. Love the ones with a bunch of cards to be posted lol

@shermint The gold postbox was inside the Empress Hotel, overlooking the harbor in Victoria, BC, Canada.

2 Likes

Yes - I lived in Fresno, California. Crime rates are high. I’m familiar with Ring and other camera security systems, porch pirates, package theft, following the UPS truck, etc. In my experience living in the US in various locations, speaking specifically of mail, it rarely gets stolen. I had one thing stolen - in Fresno. And it was an envelope of stamps I’d ordered.

But back on topic, here’s a US mailbox in counterpoint to the sparkly one posted by @pjsubway :grin:

6 Likes

Oh I’ve seen those mailboxes in train stations and in front of tourist stores, but I didn’t know they used their own stamps and was a separate service.

There’s not another mail service in Spain, I think the one you used must be a touristic company of sorts. I’m so sorry none of your cards arrived :cry:

Here’s a street post box in Hong Kong:

And here’s a typical post office post box and the new machines that only dole out ugly labels:

14 Likes

And here are some postboxes I’ve photographed during my travels:

A rather pretty one from Oman:

Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

San Marino:

Prague, Czech Republic:

31 Likes

This is the mailbox where I usually drop off my postcards.

12 Likes

I have a photo from the Czech Republic too, but the color is different - maybe it’s just a much older, faded box though.

And one from San Marino, maybe surprisingly from a different location!

More from the U.S. Here are the mailboxes in my mid-sized condo building:

If you look at the wall on the left, those boxes are where bigger mail pieces get delivered. The mail person leaves a key for one of the boxes in your mailbox if you happen to have a bigger package that day. This is actually the first building I’ve lived in that has a system like this.

There are outgoing mail slots along some of the columns (where I usually drop off my postcards):

And sometimes if I go for a walk in the middle of the day, I’ll drop off my mail at one of these blue boxes. The ones in my neighborhood have pick-up times later in the day than when our building’s mail person comes to deliver the mail:

Growing up in the suburbs, my house had a pretty standard (I think) mailbox set up like this (not my photo) along the curb where the mail person could just drive up and drop off the mail without leaving their truck:

15 Likes

I guess this postbox is standart in Brazil. This one is in front of the post office I go - I don’t use it though, I just go inside.

16 Likes

Today we went to the post office in Bucharest, Romania :grin:

This red box is standard in Ro.

17 Likes

Hello, this is a really nice thread!
The yellow Spanish mailboxes can be seen from far away :sunglasses:
I leave my postcards in the mailbox of the Santo Domingo square, in León (Nortwest of Spain)

Close views:

Happy New Year 2021!

14 Likes

Dear @valdavid,
How strange! :grimacing: There is no other private service for mail in Spain… Only “Correos” works! Mailboxes are mostly yellow.

I LOVED reading this thread! Thanks to the originator and to the contributers :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

You’re a mail geek, aren’t you? Okay, we are all mail geeks somehow! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch for your contribution @michiel071! The pix are up :slight_smile:

I’m from Singapore too, but just thought I’ll share where I usually drop my mail off. :grin:

28 Likes

Oh I love this! Which part of SG?

What is the green coloured post box for?