What does your postbox look like?

Update:

Hi guys, I’ve set up Login • Instagram to collate all these fantastic pictures of postboxes from around the world (and your interesting anecdotes about them). If you’re cool having the pic of your postbox posted, you can reply to the thread and mention me @shermint or drop me a DM.

1. Let me know how to credit you on Instagram
  2. Where the postbox is located

This is going to be fun! Looking forward to y’all’s participation :smiley:

Was posting a couple of cards today and it struck me to take a picture of my postbox and post office where I’ve mailed countless postcards. And here it is:

What does your postbox look like?

42 Likes

Here’s the one in Westen, North Germany. It’s a typical German mailbox next to our village’s shop.

29 Likes

Whis is standart mailbox in Moscow.

And this is the new generation postal office, light and spacious.

29 Likes

Cheboksary, Russia
There is a street mailbox near my house. This photo was taken a year ago, when the weather was horrible. Usually it’s OK, not like in this photo.

But I found it with open bottom several times. Besides that, in summer it once took three weeks to deliver my postcard within the city, so I’m not sure the mailbox is emptied every day, as it is written on it.

So now I prefer to have a walk to the main post office to send my postcards. There there is a huge mailbox. This photo was taken on 2nd October.

37 Likes

This is one of two mailboxes that exist near(ish) to me. I do not put my mail in it though. I take it to the post office. There are no mail slots or anything inside there, so I hand it across the counter to the person working.

48 Likes

Why don’t you post your mail there? You think the postbox is abandoned or that the postal service don’t pick the mail from there?

2 Likes

So interesting to see these postboxes/post offices from all around the world.

3 Likes

I mean, I have used it. But it was rare that I was able to get a photo of it without trash and cigarette butts stuffed into the slot. So you get the idea. Also, the other one like it was one day just … gone. They took it off the pole and … ? I don’t know. Besides, you’re not saving anything by putting mail inside there since the only place I’ve ever seen them is literally outside the door of a post office.

4 Likes

Oh I see… vandals. Shame that this has become its fate. Good thing you managed to get a pic of it!

1 Like

Oh, no. Not vandals. The post office took them down. One was moved for a while and then came back, the other one never did.

1 Like

Republic of China (Taiwan) Chunghwa Post,
Left: ATM postage vending machine,
Middle: Green Letter Box for domestic mails,
Right: Red Box for Express Delivery, and International Mails.

31 Likes

Wow! Such a great topic! Thank you for this idea! It’s really interesting to have a look at different mailboxes from all over the world :heart_eyes:
They are so different! :star_struck:

7 Likes

I usually post my cards in this postbox, it has two slots, one for local mail and one for all other:

The fallen-down bikes were because there was a high wind that day.

Rural areas in the Netherlands have a smaller postbox:

31 Likes

:eyes: A postbox at my post office is just a big grey box. I thought the blue boxes had disappeared long time ago.

2 Likes

On this photo you see the postoffice 8052 of the City Graz in Austria.
It looks like a normal Austrian Postoffice

15 Likes

This is a post box from Austria.
They are always orange or yellow

25 Likes

Thanks! Would love to put this topic on a blog and share with another philately enthusiasts.

4 Likes

So far we have postboxes from:
Singapore
China
Germany
Russia
Austria
The Netherlands
Istanbul, Turkey

Which other countries’ postboxes would you like to see?

6 Likes

India
USA
Norway
Brazil
Canada
Japan
Finland
Sweden
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Denmark
Egypt

4 Likes

Have anyone pictures of postboxes from Lithuania or Spain?

3 Likes