What does your postbox look like?

Thank you so much!!

I found another one cute mailbox today :camera_flash::postbox:

• Sugamo (Tokyo):
    This mailbox features Sugamon, the mascot of the Sugamo neighborhood in Tokyo. The name “Sugamo” literally means “duck’s nest” and is believed to come from a large pond in the area where ducks used to nest.

22 Likes

Postboxes in the city of York, UK :uk:

15 Likes

If you remove the comma, it looks like a certain football club runs their own kingdom. :smile:

I’ve never heard of Royal Mail using the term “Postal Suite” or different slots for 1st and 2nd class before, very interesting.

1 Like

Old postbox and mail chute in a historical hotel in San Francisco

16 Likes

I started Postcrossing this year. We had an ugly mailbox, but I never gave it a second thought. I had my husband put me up a new one and I decorated it for my new hobby. Those are magnets! I never knew those existed. You can change them out for holidays or seasons!

13 Likes

Goodness too cute!

After National Heritage Day last May, here at Main Post Offfice in Santiago, Chile they put a historic postbox for outgoing mail :heart_eyes: Now I send all my postcards from that postbox, it’s so beautiful.

9 Likes

It does not take a big city to have a dirty mailbox. Tis one is in Grefrath near Krefeld:

1 Like

This is the mailbox at the Discovery

Center at The North Cape.

10 Likes

Another London 2012 Gold Medal :1st_place_medal: postbox in Skipton, UK x

12 Likes

Travel mode greetings from Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, US Virgin Islands! :us_virgin_islands:

11 Likes

Vatican City

12 Likes

I found this one in Cochem, a beautiful old town at the river Mosel

12 Likes

Front door of Musée d’Orsay, in Paris

11 Likes

7 Likes

Some postboxes from our trip to Isle of Man

Douglas promenade with horse drawn tram

Postboxes at electric railway stations

Special postbox at top of Snaefell,highest point in Isle of Man at 2036 feet. For a small extra charge, mail posted here receives a special postmark and is transported via the electric mountain railway.

Castletown postbox

Postbox in airport features the Great Laxey wheel,the largest surviving original, working water wheel in the world.

16 Likes

Travel mode in Albania! :albania::albania::albania:

Also an old mailbox from Albania during communism that I saw at a museum here today

7 Likes

And the Japanese seem to love and respect their letterboxes!

It’s just sad!

2 Likes