What does your post office look like?

I’m lucky to have a post office in my apartment building, and visit it a few times a week. My dog likes this routine. So when it’s closed, she can’t handle this fact and keeps waiting next to the door.

13 Likes

Philatelic office just for buying stamps here in Tirana, Albania! :albania:

12 Likes

Is anyone attending the Olympics? I’d love to see the post office set up in the Olympic village!

Most of my mail is sent from here, because as I like to receivd handstamp postmarks on my mail, I also mail with handstamp postmarks.

9 Likes

Not attending, but I recently stumbled over this video:

They’re showing the post office at around 0:57

6 Likes

When I need to buy stamps that are not available in my post office or I want to mail view postcards of the capital with the handstamp postmark from there, I go to this post office.

11 Likes

When I travel to Vieques Island, this is the post office that I use.

10 Likes

When I travel to the USA Virgin Islands I use the Emancipation Gardens post office in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas island (1st photo)

and the one in Cruz Bay, St. Johns island (2nd photo)

12 Likes

Punta Santiago was an old seaport which in the 19th century had in the same building the customs house and the post office which is now a community museum. (Photos 1 to 3)

The actual post office is just a generic one. (Photo 4)

12 Likes

Yesterday I visited Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast & found this post office - the building dates back to 1951 - so not very old

13 Likes

We recently had the opportunity to visit the oldest working post office in the world. It is located in the small town of Sanquhar in the south of Scotland and it operates since 1712. It’s fun to visit the small building because the two postmasters run their post office with great dedication and have time to talk about the history of their post office. They have also set up a small exhibition and stamp the post with an additional postmark on request.

24 Likes

Very cool! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

This post office was requested by a huge sugar cane factory that even had their own sea port built. A community was built around the sugar cane factory and even if the factory is no longer working, the post office still works.

Inside this post office they still have an early 1900s postal safe vault.

16 Likes

a small post office called Miaopu

11 Likes

Palmer village post office. I go there when I mail postcards about the tropical rain forest of El Yunque because it is at the beginning of the road towards the forest.

This is how the postmark looks like.

And this is one sample of the forest postcard

15 Likes

Royal Mail train seen at Crewe, 5pm on Thursday.

16 Likes

Ontario (ONT) Airport

10 Likes

Post office in my city Ulan-Ude, Republic of Buryatia.

Customer service hall.

There is a large mailbox in the hall.

When the post office is closed, letters and cards can be dropped off in a small mailbox outside.

8 Likes

I am travelling through Vietnam and today I visited Hue’s post office. Surprisingly it was open on a Sunday (the smaller offices were closed).

s

12 Likes

This is my local post office.

10 Likes