What does your post office look like?

There is already a similar topic about mailboxes, but I thought it would be cool to see all the post offices we’re sending our mail from and which staff we’re making go crazy with our requests for nice stamps… :sweat_smile:
So I’m going to start here, this is my local post office located inside a newspaper and tobacco shop:

62 Likes

Central Jakarta Post Office
I rent my PO Box in this Post Office

Postman statue in the Post Office

50 Likes

Here’s a bot account that pulls Google Street View images of US Post Offices from across America. The photos aren’t 100% reliable since they depend on the accuracy of Google’s markers, but you can get a sense of communities, ZIP codes, architectural trends, etc (and really, how car-reliant we are as a country)

https://twitter.com/everylot_usps

16 Likes

This the the sub-post office of my area. I know it is old and gloomy, but I thought some of you are curious to see such places. Also, there is no public transport to reach there :crying_cat_face: I usually post my postcards from post offices near Colombo though.

77 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL9mihwhY3U/?igshid=1m94cej362ci0

2 Likes

39 Likes

Loma Linda Post Calif .
Flags are the USA and MIA .

25 Likes

Postoffice 8052 Graz/Austria:

!

42 Likes

Wowza! Looks like a restaurant but it says BANK?:thinking:

2 Likes

Austria

28 Likes

Austrian postoffice are Post and bank.

5 Likes

Looks like a drive thru post office…:thinking: :mailbox::dollar:

1 Like

Some of the Austrian postoffice are looking a bit strange. Most of them were build in the 1970s and 1980s

2 Likes

Well when I visit, I know what to look for! :grinning:

1 Like

My post office was closed last November, but we had a kiosk offering that service… it’s closed now, too :cry:

5 Likes

In year 2001 we had 2.000 post office in Austria. Today they are only 1.765. In year 2014 they closed many of them and opened post partner in a supermarket or small shops.

4 Likes

In Austria, in addition to letters and parcels, you can usually buy paper products for the office as well as telephones and lottery tickets in post offices. Sometimes there is an extended range of special stamps and postcards in addition to normal stamps. By the way, someone from you would like to receive a postcard or a letter from Austria. I’m looking for some pen pals from the USA.

2 Likes

While I usually drop off my postcards and letters in a mailbox and get my stamps delivered to my home, here is a Google Maps view of the post office where I receive all of my postcards through a PO box in Honolulu, Hawaii.

27 Likes

This is our post office in Mount Road, Chennai, India.

It is also a Heritage site. This is the first South India’s Movie Theater called Electric Theater.

53 Likes

This is the Postal Box that I use to post my postcards. Is the oldest in Pafos, Cyprus. As you can see it has the symbols of Queen Elizabeth the second (Elizabeth II Regina). This means that it was placed there before 1960.

62 Likes