What does your post office look like?

India Post, Whitefield, Bangalore

13 Likes

Arzachena, Italy

even from the post box in front of the post office post is collected only once every other day (mon-wed-fri on one week and tue-thu the next week)

13 Likes

One of the post offices in St.Petersburg, Russia is located in the building that is the USSR heritage. So unbelievable! ) Round in plan - with a round hole n the centre (like a donut), where the windows look also. An this centre is covered with roof )) And this is a place of the PO.

16 Likes

I travelled to Macao from Hong Kong today.
After the immigration, there is a post office.

Post office in Macao Port of Hong Kong Zhuhai Macao Bridge

15 Likes

Uploading: 42C9C99A-27A4-4E9E-AC55-D0A17F5298DE.jpeg…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochopee,_Florida

1 Like

Santander
Cantabria (SPAIN)
Every city in Spain has or had a building of this style from the early 20th century.

Mailbox

17 Likes

Two oldies from my neck of the woods in मुंबई (Mumbai)! :postbox::love_you_gesture:

17 Likes

The evolution of Chinese postal signs.

The current logo is a combination of the Chinese characters of Oracle bone and swan goose elements.

“中” in the Chinese character of Oracle bone.

China Post logo pattern is the use of the word “Zhong” and the wing of the postal network, reminiscent of the image metaphor of “Hongyan handed down the book of ancient China for information transmission, expressing the purpose of the postal industry serving thousands of households, as well as the corporate image of fast, accurate, safe and ubiquitous.”
The logo of China Post is simple and powerful, mainly composed of horizontal and straight parallel lines, representing order and extending in all directions; The processing is tilted slightly to the right, showing a sense of direction and speed

15 Likes

Thanks tangqiuning for this interressing explanation about logo of chinese post.

Heres mine in Alabama USA, its pretty boring and basic

16 Likes

@jennyjennyjenn A post office is never boring !

4 Likes

Postbox which I use daily :smile:

14 Likes

The white sticker on the mailbox that is?? Letter collection times.

Yes, the sticker gives info about letter collection schedule and postal code of the post office.

Any other Post Box smaller than this?

22 Likes

China Post’s distinctive dark green colour is recognisable anywhere! These mailboxes are so large that at one point I wondered if the postal staff had properly followed the rules of taking out the mail every day instead of waiting for it to fill up!

This is a small coffee cart run by China Post in Shenzhen that sells a variety of drinks. You can buy several special postcards there and get them stamped as well

21 Likes

Cute little (actually rather large!) post office in Lake Tahoe, CA.

12 Likes

My small town post office: only 400 post office boxes inside (#1-399, #401, no box #400 and no one knows why🤣) There are so few people in town we could all have our own box if we wanted to!

When we moved here and registered for a P.O. box, the Post Master asked my husband how tall we were. He thought it was a weird question to put on mail form, but gave her our heights anyway, and the woman was very excited to give us a box on the top row she had been trying to assign for a long while!

23 Likes

Currently in Grenada. A very small post office in the capital city. Only one clerk.

14 Likes

There’s an old joke about how boxes are assigned. They size you up at the counter and then……Tall people get the bottom rows and short people get the upper ones! I am sure that’s how they assigned my box!

I assume that this was not the case though? :slightly_smiling_face:

My favorite comic book cartoon showed a very tall man bending over all the way to the floor to get his mail from a box on the bottom row, while a short man stood on the tall man’s back to peer inside his box on the top row! I wished I had saved that.

2 Likes