What does your postbox look like?

I LOVED reading this thread! Thanks to the originator and to the contributers :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

You’re a mail geek, aren’t you? Okay, we are all mail geeks somehow! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch for your contribution @michiel071! The pix are up :slight_smile:

I’m from Singapore too, but just thought I’ll share where I usually drop my mail off. :grin:

28 Likes

Oh I love this! Which part of SG?

What is the green coloured post box for?

Answering my own question https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/71244/what-are-those-dark-green-mailboxes-dont-accept-mail
Is this correct?

Hello @shermint! You have such a good eye! :clap: :clap: :clap: Green boxes are next to many yellow boxes. They are auxiliary boxes for the exclusive use of postmen. They leave the mail bags there. On long routes they can leave part of the mail there…

3 Likes

Hehe like a locker for the postman

2 Likes

Hougang :grin:

Can I post this to the IG?

Of course! :grin:

When I traveled to Minsk, Belarus, this summer I took these pictures. The second one is on the main post office building.

30 Likes

Our auxiliary boxes are purple!

1 Like

Welcome to my CMB (Community MailBox). These are found in :canada:

See the middle red area? That is the mail slot where I mail YOUR postcards :love_letter:

If I am receiving a parcel too big for my mailbox, the Canada Post Mail Carrier leaves a KEY inside my personal compartment (I’m number 5) then I look at the key tag to find the letter that matches the parcel compartment down below. Once I’ve removed my big package (with much excitement :dancer:) I close and lock the door, returning the key through the front hole of the compartment box!

28 Likes

@saintursula what wonderful service you receive by your Mail Carrier in the US! To pick up your outgoing mail when they deliver yours to your home :house_with_garden:

1 Like

Would love to see a pic of it! Which country is this?

Hong Kong! I’ll try to get a picture of it for you.

1 Like

My local post office is keeping up with current times…

11 Likes

Disney California Adventure mailbox for outgoing mail. There is no special postmark from Disneyland anymore. However, the boxes still operate as employees take the mail deposited and take it to a post office in Anaheim. The mail later gets postmarked by Anaheim Processing and Distribution Center. Anaheim P&DC.

17 Likes