What does your letterbox (mail slot) look like?

Hello fellow postcrossers!
There was already a topic on the forum about mailboxes where we put our outgoing postcards. Now I propose to share the boxes for incoming postcards.
I live in an apartment building with 12 floors. Here is our cluster box unit.

We had them installed a week ago.
We also have bookcrossing in our house:-)
And what does your mailbox look like?

8 Likes

No names on the letter boxes ?

Only apartment numbers. Names are personal information protected by law:-)

2 Likes

Hello! There’s actually a similar thread, if you’re interested :slight_smile:

The thread you suggested is mostly about mailboxes for sending letters. And mine is only about receiving letters.

1 Like

Ok, got it. I had assumed they were one in the same :slight_smile: My mistake!

In that case, mine is much the same as yours. Just numbered slots where the mail is placed by the postal worker. That somehow don’t even correspond to our unit numbers.

7 Likes

This is my mailbox that is attached to my house…It has a lock but we never bother. As you can see, I have clipped two postcards to the outside for the postman to take so they can start their journey.

4 Likes

I have to check the mail often (especially on wet days) as incoming mail can end up a bit soggy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I doubt that there will be any mail delivery in today’s snowstorm

7 Likes

We have names on our letter-boxes.

Upper small box is key-locked and used for letters.
Bottom bigger box is open and used for small parcels. It’s called “boîte à lait” in french, milk-box, and was used for milk delivery very long ago. In the 1960s’ and before i guess.

8 Likes

How interesting!

from Italy :postcard: :postcard:

7 Likes

I live in the UK in a block of 16 flats over 4 floors. Our post is delivered through our individual front doors.

2 Likes

I also have the typical swiss mailbox, with the milk-box. For bigger parcels, the mailman just opens my door and shoves them inside. If the door is locked, he gives it to any neighbour.

1 Like

Is it really possible to ban advertising in the mailbox?

Absolutely. I hardly ever receive any unaddressed things in my mailbox.

1 Like

I have a Post Office Box that looks like one of these - there are a few hundred of them at “my” post office and I think they look very similar at other post offices. There are larger lockers for packages, the post office employee puts the package in the locker and a key in our box.

There is also a mailbox for letters to my home. My neighborhood has a similar mailbox for each house, every home owner can use the color / design of their choice, some will be built into a small brick structure, others decorate their mailbox with wood or paint it in a different color. Many boxes will have the house number on it (mine is missing the first of the numbers, which sometimes causes my mail to be delivered to my neighbor’s box (which does not have any numbers on it). We can place “outgoing mail” in our mailbox, most of them have a little flag on the side that we can use to let the mail carrier know that there is something to pick up, in case we don’t have mail coming to our house that day.

2 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Yes, this simple sticker works really fine.
But it doesn’t work against political flyers. :confused:

1 Like

And I often find unnecessary advertising in my inbox. It would be nice to make paper spammers plant trees!

1 Like