What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Awww, that koala!!! So sweet!!!

1 Like

I’ve recently bought this mini thermal printer for making address labels, I’d be lost without it now as it’s so easy to use and it didn’t break the bank.

17 Likes

@Yorkshire_Lad Me too!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy:

13 Likes

I had an appointment and I was early and alone and unsuperviced… I only bought 30 cards…

32 Likes

These cards are so cute I don’t think I would have stopped at thirty. My husband knows how much I love Postcrossing so he helps me look for cards when we go to stores.

2 Likes

Great cards :heart_eyes:!

(What does the “Hi Moppie” mean?
Moi Hippie…? Another hippie was high and mixed the words?
Or is it Hi M’ppie (magpie).
Hi little (floor) mop.
???
I’m so misfocused now :smiley: )

3 Likes

:rofl: You are creative!
But its an endearment. You can use it in different ways. Like instead of saying a child is cute (in Dutch: schattig), you can say it is a moppie.
Between adults it is mop or moppie, but not high class. A bit like the difference between darling and deary or sweety, I think.

And to add a bit of fun… moppie can also mean song. To sing a song → een moppie zingen.
And mop is Dutch for joke.

But here it is an endearment. :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

New stamps :star_struck:

35 Likes

It’s spring, so I decided to get some floral washi. Plus a rainbow set, refills for my glue-roller and some Jiska de Waard cards for swap.

29 Likes

I went to a fair today and brought home a bunch of ad cards. I also wanted to buy some envelopes, ended up with 2 sets of washi tapes, a wooden flower stamp and the envelopes I’d originally wanted. Now I only need to find my stamp pad…

6 Likes

Newly released Underground Railroad stamps. On the back of the sheet, it shows the map of the Underground Railroad and information about each person depicted on the stamps.

21 Likes

Something not so obvious - water markers to help with stamp glue (most pretty Russian stamps are not self adhesive), I find it most comfortable way so far. And glue alternatives for handmade cards (glue dots in two forms)

18 Likes

Those are beautiful, GeminiFootprints!

3 Likes

Not everyone is happy about the wolf being back in our country, but now I can get wolf cards…

20 Likes

:smiling_face:

24 Likes

Otter labels, made into maxis

24 Likes

In India there are 80+ cities with Philatelic bureaus ,where you get commemorative stamps and other Philatelic items, in my state there are 4 cities where we have Philatelic bureaus including my city of Madurai. Yesterday I visited Trichy ( Thiruchirappalli) Philatelic bureau which is 150 kms from my city, my intent was just a visit but after visiting I ended up purchasing :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Firstly stamps and miniature

So secondly this was interesting and first time ever I saw such items, I bought two books which relates to temples with picture postcards…

1. Goddesses…
    This was issued on 8th March ( women’s day) this consists of 19 temples/ churches with Goddesses with each having a postcard with it…

2. Navagraha (nine planets) temples…
    This was issued last year, has 9 temples related to Navagraha temples with 9 post cards…

23 Likes

I went a bit mad today and bought way too many, too expensive, Easter stamps… :crazy_face:

23 Likes

There is a store in my shopping cenre that sells cards, writing paper and lucky gifts. When I need a very special card, I alway go here. They have brands that regular shops don’t carry. They have quite a collection for people who are very sick or lost someone. But also things that are just different. Cards that are inclusive, cards that are really sarcastic, very pretty ones, awareness cards like Loesje. The also sold lovely postcards. Unfortunately they quit last Saturday as rent and other costs are rising. :sob:

So I bought a lot if special greeting cards and postcards.

In case you wonder about the sarcastic christmas card:

It means: We have not received your Chrismas card yet!! Do we need to come and get it ourselves???
:rofl:

39 Likes

How sad this shop closed! :slightly_frowning_face: I hope they had a closing down sale, at least. :neutral_face:

1 Like