What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Most recently

4 Likes

I drove all the way to the desert of The Lost Dutchman to buy some postcards made out of wood…I’ll post a pic of it soon

9 Likes

Yesterday I went to the post office, which is located at the main post office of the country, in order to purchase a few stamps … But I came out with additional postcards and a bunch of stamps. t
Tell me how to stop it? I can’t stop buying stamps, postcards, tapes, stickers and so on… and I’m just a beginner postcrosser, what’s next? :rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:

But I am very happy when I receive postcards and fill them out.

17 Likes

I just joined Postcrossing. But I couldn’t find any stores in my town selling new postcards. I stopped by the secondhand store and they had a big basket of postcards, price 10 for $1. I started poking through it for local scenes and the shop owner asked if I’d buy the whole basket for $5. So… I have a nice stash to start my Postcrossing adventures. It took me a few days to sort through. Lots of local cards, but also many art prints and international cards.

50 Likes

What images are on the postcards? And what topics?

Almost all never used and around 20-70 years old. Probably about 1/3 art prints, maybe from overstock at a museum gift shop since there are duplicates of many. Another 1/3 from the US. The rest from all around the world but mostly France, Italy and Germany.

4 Likes

Oh, cool, you got retro cards. : )

2 Likes

Great deal!!!

I’m incredibly inpressed! :+1::+1::+1:

Those Tut ones are on my wish list…maybe you will draw my address!

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:
Let me know if you want to swap

1 Like

New Forever stamps (Buzz Lightyear and National Marine Sanctuaries):

And vintage state themed stamps (Minnesota and Wisconsin) for direct swaps:

17 Likes

How did you get the Marine Sanctuaries so fast?

I preordered on the USPS website. I was surprised that they came today!

2 Likes

Lucky you! Mine’s not coming until Monday :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 4.15.20 PM

Added Yoda to the rotation (finally won an auction that wasn’t crazy over face value), restock on Disney, and getting ready for Christmas season :christmas_tree:. I know, I know, I’m as bad as the retail stores who put up their decorations in September

16 Likes

I mean… if Zazzle is going to give me massive discounts on cards one-after-another how can I resist? Note: I’m on their free shipping membership plan.

9 Likes

Zazzle Black, right? That thing pays for itself in one order … and is also a massive enabler. Which I’m sure was their plan all along :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Different credit cards of mine have had 10% Zazzle rebates applicable on top of Zazzle’s 30% - 50% codes.

Really like the lady in red cape /very interested if you will consider parting with her. Allllll of them so unique good find

Visited the Burnaby Village Museum today to pick up a few more of these postcards, thought they would be a nice pairing with the Vintage carousel stamps I picked up last week.

18 Likes