What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Wow! Where do you get your stamps? Didnt find them at the local post office

eBay. You won’t find them at the post office without a time machine. :slight_smile: The TV Early memories is the “newest” of the bunch – 2009.

3 Likes

Took a very rare trip into Melbourne today and took the chance to stock up a bit on viewcards - not as many as there used to be available, but a decent selection.

16 Likes

a few stamps, for the second time this week.

i don’t know if it’s a coincidence but they put some extra cards with it for the first time, so sweet.

19 Likes

Just got two of the latest stamp series and one Postcrossing themed stamp.

8 Likes

I think it’s the first time I’m using moomin stamps. Not really into the hype as I didn’t grow up with moomins, but these were so pretty and thought some pals would like it too. :blush:

29 Likes

Those are beautiful.

1 Like

My May We Fly cards arrived a day early! I’m tempted to keep one for myself, I love our little quails.

19 Likes

I purchased a sheet of Nancy Reagan stamps, too. I saw her in person during the 1984 campaign.

1 Like

Getting back into things after a few months of inactivity.

The ones below here… I love them, so much I may just keep them. :imp:

14 Likes

Just bought a book of international stamps! And… May have snitched a few stamps from around 2012 afeom my grandfather’s desk while visiting my grandmother today

1 Like

In Texas, we have a fast food chain called Whataburger. The food is great, the burgers are huge (obvs., it’s Texas after all), and you have dozens of ways to customize your sandwiches. If you have a special order, they indicate everything with a bunch of small stickers.

That being said, I asked for something extra with my milkshake tonight…

6 Likes

Yesterday my husband and I went to the supermarket, and I saw this set: a notebook, a pen and a wasi tape. I immediately realized that he should be mine :grin: I tell my husband: “Let’s buy me this set, there’s a notebook here.” He answers: “you already have a notebook at home.” I say, “But there’s a pen here.” He: “you have a pen at home.” Me: “but there is decorative tape here.” I’m so glad he didn’t answer: “you already have scotch tape” :wink: and we bought this set. And all my scotch, which is already at home, is in the third photo :blush:

23 Likes

I recently joined a sticker traveling postcard group - now I’m ready! I also got some cards for traveling stamps (hope to try that soon, too!)

10 Likes

I bought ALL Tabineko cards TWICE from the Tabineko JAPAN Etsy shop :joy: One set for me and one full set to send to other postcrossers :slightly_smiling_face: I had to pay a high custom fee but it was worth it. The shop owner even gifted me some extra Tabineko cards and wrote me a very kind note.

23 Likes

May We Fly (my home state and a neighboring state where we have family - hoping to send next we are able to visit!) :blush:

23 Likes

Beautiful! :heart_eyes: @SilverHare

Your science fiction/fantasy book cover postcards are magnificent! Especially the one of Pavane. It’s one of my favourite books :books::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

They are, aren’t they! I was really happy to find them and will definitely look for more. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve accumulated a small collection of very narrow washi tapes.

Because some postcards don’t provide much room (or a clearly delineated space) for addresses vs text, I often use these narrow washi tapes to mark off the division between the address area and the message. It’s a good compromise between standard washi (which is often just too large to use on some cards) and plain pen (which is not as interesting).

26 Likes