Welcome to the Forum!

Hi everyone!

I’m not really new to Postcrossing, I was active here about 11 years ago, and then had a very long break because I was travelling, recently though about it again and started to send some postcards, and now I’m hooked again. I still need to get to know the forum better, looking forward to engage here as well. Although I follow some online courses, so I don’t want to spend all my time looking at a screen, I’ll find some moments to look around here :slight_smile:
I love reading, getting back into sport (just simply swimming and jogging, and now starting to try out home workouts), being in nature, cooking vegan food, and learning about other parts of the world (another perk of Postcrossing :D)
I’m not so fussy about which postcards I like to receive (of course I have some preferences), perhaps that will change when I start to send and receive more :), I’m more interested in to get to know a bit about the person who sends it, or their country/region, it’s so great to learn about other places in the world.

6 Likes

Counting our lucky stars :stars: someone like you came along @Natalie_E

Thanks for introducing yourself.
My! You’re interesting!! And I mean that in the nicest of ways🌻

There are others who share your food preferences on here as well…have you met?

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/are-you-veg-etari-an/12698

I just KNOW they would love to hear from you too​:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @Nique, you’re too kind!
No, I hadn’t, I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the topics on this forum, thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

@Natalie_E I love to make food!

Hi all!

I am writing on behalf of myself and my 4-year-old daughter! I want her to learn about the world by receiving items from other countries that she can actually hold in her hands. So this is perfect for us! It’s lovely to meet you all!

We’ve sent out 5 postcards but it seems none have landed yet - you can see in the snapshot how long it has been. I can see that others sometimes wait even longer, perhaps depending on the country. Are our numbers pretty typical?

Thanks! We look forward to hearing from one and all!

Smiles from Australia,
Leah and Bonnabelle. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello @LeahBonnie
Welcome to postcrossing and the forum :smiley:

I moved your post to this topic here.

If you want to read and talk about travel times please look :arrow_right:

2 Likes

@LeahBonnie
Hi Leah,
Welcome to the wonderful world of post’x’ing.
As a newcomer you’d be anxious & eager to get your first card registered & to receive your first card.

Really wonderful thought & a perfect choice at that too.
Soon enough you’ll have your hands full as the registrations get done & more slots open up for you. Till then, forum is a good place to initiate direct swaps/offers/exchanges/lotteries & many more interesting topics.
If you wish, you may PM your address & a card from me will be sent. :slightly_smiling_face:
Happy Post’x’ing & Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

I am fairly new as well. Waiting for those first cards to arrive is hard!

It took about 3-4 weeks and now I am starting to get cards. I joined Round Robins to get cards sooner and it’s nice to connect with people in them.

My card to Scotland took 26 days to arrive. My card to Germany has yet to arrive. I actually resent that one.

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason on how quickly mail is delivered. One I sent a few states away took almost 3 weeks to arrive.

4 Likes

Thank you, Bille! :smile::smile:

Good to know we haven’t done anything wrong! Maybe it takes awhile for little pieces of cardboard to exit Australia, too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: What is Round Robins, may I ask?

Thank you, Illusearch! That is very kind! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi @LeahBonnie
Welcome to Postcrossing!
I am happy to send you guys a postcard while you wait for your official cards.
PM if you would like me to pop one in the post tomorrow.
Happy Happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes it does take a while to get started. I sent a postcard to Australia well over a month ago and it hasn’t been registered yet. 2 of my first 5 postcards expired (didn’t get registered within 60 days)

I’d be happy to send you a card if you like from Florida USA. Just PM me your address if you like

Check out some of the “tag” forums and lotteries. There are a few lotteries just for newbies.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!!
I am new to postcrossing and I have sent and received
my first postcard from postcrossing!

A little about me: My name is Rose or Savannah!! Some of my hobbies are arts & crafts, art journaling ,theatre, reading, cooking & baking, watching tv, making and trading artist trading cards/ATCs, thrifting and so much more!! I love music and have so many favorite artists
that includes Queen, Elton John, Micheal Jackson, The B-52s, The Beatles, George Micheal, and many more.

I am so so excited to get postcards and meet new friends around the world!!

Happy Postcrossing :sparkles::bouquet::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello @thestarsandthesky :love_letter:

You’ve chosen a FUN new hobby with Postcrossing✍

Music is a HUGE part of my life too🎶

Here is a topic, started by @Ozge, you may like to join in🎼

3 Likes

Hi all!

I started using Postcrossing years ago, but then, as life sometimes does it threw me a few curveballs and I had to pause participating. Now though I’m back and trying to do more than just send postcards, but also interact with other members on the forums and other areas.

Thanks for all the fun!!

~Amber

5 Likes

@akgraner

Oh my goodness Amber, what an impressive resumé👏

You’ve accomplished SO MUCH so far! And still, look forward to exploring more of what life has to offer.

Could you please share with us your pen name and titles of the books you’ve written?

:notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::green_book::blue_book::orange_book::closed_book::green_book::blue_book::orange_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::green_book::blue_book:

1 Like

Welcome Amber,

out of curiosity I clicked on the link to your website to see if I can find anything about your published books, but there is an issue with the security certificate of the site, maybe it is no longer valid.

2 Likes

That’s great advice, thank you! The forum seems a bit scattered to me, but I’m sure that’s just because I’m new to it. The lotteries for newbies sounds good - can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you, what a friendly community this is!

2 Likes

Look under games, then lotteries and then look for them . Enter regular lotteries too

1 Like