Welcome my students back to school!

Hello, from Vermont!
I would like to create a bulletin board for my class for the upcoming school year. We start school on August 31, 2022. As a welcome to the new year, I want to create a board of postcards with well wishes from around the world! My plan is to have a world map outside my room with postcards in pockets for them to pull out and read. Each postcard will have string linked to where it came from.

My students are in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. Each year my students help me with writing postcards, especially my 4th grade homeroom. They love Postcrossing and I think this will be a cool way to get them excited about the new year.

Thanks for all of your help!

Jaime

Please send to:
Jaime Comtois
Coventry Village School
PO Box 92
Coventry, Vermont
USA

33 Likes

Great idea. Hope teachers here still have this kind of initiative. Starting to introduce postcrossing to younger students is easier and better than introducing it to adults :joy: they have more enthusiasm and interest

I’ll send one from Indonesia :relieved:

1 Like

I will send 3 I just got some new super hero postcards! I :heart: this idea.

。::sparkling_heart:・。・゚:cherry_blossom:*.゚。
:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:.:purple_heart:゚.:blossom::green_apple:。:・.:yellow_heart:
.゚:heart:.。;。:strawberry:.::grapes:.゚。:tangerine:
:
。_​:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::pouch:。_​:white_flower:
・_゚👛
\ξ \ ζ/
∧🎀∧\ ξ
(*・ω・ )/
c/ つ∀o♥
しー-J

6 Likes

I’d be happy to send one from Pennsylvania. Would you like to choose one from my album that you’d prefer for them? Philadelphia and Pennsylvania | Flickr

Cheers,
Nancy

1 Like

How fun for your students! I am in!

1 Like

I am happy to send one from Germany :mailbox_with_mail:

1 Like

Appreciate your responsibility. Sending from India.:children_crossing:

Wishes
Prashanth

1 Like

Wonderful idea! I’m in, too! :purple_heart:
What themes/topics to you begin in September? I’m thinking of choosing a card related to one of your curricular strands, with a motivational message on the back.

2 Likes

I’ll be sending one from Hong Kong

1 Like

I would love to send a postcard from New Mexico!

1 Like

Sending one from the state of Minnesota! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will send one from Switzerland!

1 Like

Great postcards. Either the Lou Paper or the Funny names.
Thank you so much!

1 Like

In September we do a lot around learning rules, routines, kindness and how we treat others. Learning how to write narratives and our first science unit is about rocks. Hope this is helpful. Thanks so much! Jaime

4 Likes

Very helpful. Thanks!
Maybe include this information in your intro post?

2 Likes

I can send from England, UK

1 Like

I’m willing to send a card from Colorado. Are you interested in any of the below?

I like the Air Force Academy! My husband went there. Thanks!

1 Like

Great! I’ll send it out today!

1 Like

What a great idea !!! I love it and I’ll be happy to send you a postcard from Belgium :slightly_smiling_face: :belgium:

1 Like