Welcome my students back to school!

You’ve got one coming from the Canadian Shield north of MN. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A postcard from the Netherlands is on your way!

1 Like

Hello Jaime. Congratulations on your initiative to use postcards to create a global framework for curriculum development. I am a very new postcrosser working in Wales with International Classrooms On Line (ICOL), the National Museum and local wildlife organizations. We are seeking ways to encourage people to commit to the UN’s sustainable development goals. The idea is to help people identify the good and bad things about where they live, then work to improve the bad things and share their ideas, achievements and experiences globally with postcards (actual or virtual). We see postcards as personal, or group authored, information packages (AIPs), each consisting of a picture/graphic with a legend, which can link nature with home, home with school, school with neigbourhood and neighbourhood with local government. The AIPs can be assembled to make mind maps about how to live sustainably. We regard an IT slideshow as a collection of virtual AIPs. A ‘flash card’, and a ‘tweet’ are also AIPs.

Wales has many firsts in environmental education and a postcard educational database was invented by Welsh teachers in the late 1990s as “Postcards for Our Planet” (POP). This was a pre INTERNET communication system linking schools in Wales and Portugal. The objective was to model a global democracy of youth to access leaders with their ideas and concerns about how to ‘rescue’ planet Earth.

All kinds of AIPs can support classroom and distance learning about how to live sustainably. The differences between them are the systems of delivery. In this context, AIPs can be assembled as narratives, delineating learning pathways to engage practically with the United Nations 2030 sustainable development goals. These put nature first in all that we do and orientate civilization toward non material ends. In terms of pedagogy, postcards can be thought of as the basis for new life skills packages for ecocacy, to be taught alongside literacy and numeracy, for people to prosper within an overcrowded planet. In the new Welsh humanistic syllabus of hope, life skills are essentially those abilities that help promote mental well-being and competence in young people as they face the realities of life.

You have our very best wishes from Wales for a successful project.

Love and peace to everyone

The Welsh POP Group

#green
#environment
#pedagogy
#syllabus
#curriculum

5 Likes

@JLBC2020

What is the age of your students? I’d like to send a postcard from Italy

1 Like

They are between the ages of 8 and 11. Thank you for sending us a postcard! Jaime

1 Like

A postcard from Albany, NY will be on it’s way this weekend!

I do love these projects and applaud your efforts! :clap:

1 Like

Hello
I will send 2 postcard from Taiwan !

1 Like

I’ll send one from Massachusetts, but not until August - is that okay or do you need it earlier?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Jaime,

I have lots of cards from other countries that I would be willing to mail to you and your students, but they would actually be mailed from the US. Would that be ok or would that be cheating? :laughing: Otherwise, I have some very nice Wisconsin cards I could send.
Cheers,
-Kristina

1 Like

I’ll send one from Aotearoa/New Zealand :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sending one from Perth western Australia :australia:

1 Like

Do you mind getting a postcard from Russia? What is the best postcard to send?

3 Likes

Can anyone have access to this info? Thanks!

1 Like

Great idea! I’ll think about the subject.

1 Like

I’ll send a postcard from Wales :wales: in the UK.

2 Likes

August is fine. Thanks!

Any postcard will do thanks!

Either way is fine! Thanks so much!

Yes. What do you want to know?

Hi, how does the program works, is there an application for schools to join the program, etc, etc