Washi tape discussions!

These are the tapes currently in my collection. The blue polka-dotted one I’ve had since 2014 and it actually went through the washing machine once :sweat_smile: oops
The goldfish and underwater sea animal tapes are my two newest. I need more though…

22 Likes

Washi tapes usually cheap until you add customs duty and shipping :sweat:Some people sell washitapes at second hand shops like “Dolap”.

1 Like

Here are my washi tapes :wink:

21 Likes

here are my washi tapes & PET tapes!

I don’t always buy full rolls. sometimes, i just purchase samplers and cut them up to store in my sticker paper insert. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

One really nice use I’ve found is decorating picture frames. I buy cheap-ish plastic picture frames (the kind that hold multiple photographs), and use washi to decorate the plain edges. They end up looking quite nice and even make cute gifts :relaxed:

1 Like

Quick question for the washi tape lovers out there: if you send washi tape samples to someone, what do you put the samples on so that the person can unstick and use them? Any recommendations, please? Thank you!

1 Like

I have received them on playing cards :+1:

8 Likes

Cut out stiff plastic from toys packaging :grin:

5 Likes

I use “PVC cards” for tapes without backing paper.

They are Php 5 (about $0.10) and you can cut them to smaller pieces to make more cards. They’re very sturdy! I like them. Otherwise if the tape has backing paper I’ll just leave as is.

6 Likes

MT is my favorite washitapes, too. :star_struck:
Although it’s a little expensive, viscosity is high. It is very good to use. The pattern is very beautiful and colorful.

1 Like

Imgur

This was two years ago, so now I think I might have 10 more or so.
I must admit, it’s an addiction.

My favs (now)
Imgur

7 Likes

Does your tape look like a lot of tape from China? Because I saw Chinese characters and Chinese Panda, ha ha ha​:+1::+1:

I have a collection of some narrow tapes. I usually use them to make borders on the postcard.

And!I think no one will say no to the gilded tape!(Gold is not used, it is just the name of a craft.:blush:

33 Likes

Gosh, the red ones are gorgeous. I need to buy red tapes to fix my journal cover :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@NatM
Try the sticks from Ice Cream. Or any glossy, shiny paper like Covers from a magazine.

1 Like

I assume that i have plenty of washi tapes) One my table i keep a small box with the most used ones

And pieces of washi my pelpals send

Separately in a small cupboard I have some not often used or seasonal washi :blush:

22 Likes

I’m using a small Tea Forte box (from a gift) to store my washi tapes. It has a small inner box, so it is two tiered. It fits nicely on my desk. I’ll graduate to an empty Saran Wrap box after this!

I get most of my washi tapes from Dollar Tree. If you like one, don’t wait! They won’t be there for long! I also like Scotch brand which I got from Wal-Mart.

12 Likes

I finally got an empty aluminum foil box. It works out great! The metal teeth cuts the washi tape perfectly!

52 Likes

This is a brilliant idea, actually, never thought of it before! :grinning:

3 Likes

I have an addiction to washi but I have become more selective lately about what I keep. I prefer Japanese brands like BGM but I also really like collecting licensed/character prints like Sailor Moon, Sanrio, etc!

2 Likes