Washi tape discussions!

I like the little one with the (tea) cups and the snowy houses most. They’re the best of your collection while I like tea and winter.

But I also like the blue leave (?) on the first stack. What is the 2nd washi tape under the blue one? Are those eggs, circles or round leaves?

Nice collection. ^ ^ Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I spread all the narrow white ones - I think it’s just circles, the one you asked about :thinking: When I was buying I was mostly choosing ones which are at least 7 meters, and since I decorated borders of the postcards a lot lately with cutting 15 mm washi in half - lots of narrow ones

9 Likes

Ohhh~
Thank you for taking the time to unroll the washi tapes. And I think that’s also just watercolored circles. But they look great.
Also the other tapes, everything looks very soft and watercolored-like.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever had a roll that just… turnes white?
Ik spotted these two in my stash and I think they were pink coloured. I don’t store them in direct sunlight. :thinking:

That is amazing!!!

Wow… they really disappeared! :scream:

I hope you’re not planning to use that door very often… :sweat_smile:

Seriously though, that is a genius solution for all that washi tape!

1 Like

Yeah, 3 rolls so far. I am trying to figure out from what set they are, but :woman_shrugging:. I am going to use them for when I need tape for protecting borders or something from paint. :blush:

I received these Miffy/Nijntje ones as a gift.

12 Likes

Someone used the one with the big Nijntje heads on a postcard to me recently - so cute! :heart_eyes:

@meiadeleite, lol, the door is an extra door that never gets used. We would definitely have a problem if we needed it!

1 Like

If you unroll these, is there still the original colour or did it vanish from the whole roll?

I have seen some where the tape image has bleed to the other part of tape as well when it’s on top of the other part in the roll, but it can look nice :slight_smile:

No, they are completely empty. :woman_shrugging:

Today I bought this box at Ikea (“ragodling”). I thought that my small collection of washitape rolls could fit into that one box. Of course I was naive.

30 Likes

I’m sure it’s a magical washi tape. Maybe you should try a few things to reactivate it … like putting it a few hours into the fridge, wash it hidden in a bag of your jeans or in one of your socks or leave it a few seconds in hot water. :wink: :wink: :wink: If you need more ideas - just let me know! :smiley:

4 Likes

Recently I registered an official card from UK comes with the same Miffy washi tape from this picture you posted. The washi tape design is Miffy in gold foil with white background. It looks so cute on postcard!

I have a big box of them and I’ve been collecting them for about 8 years! Days ago I made 10 cards to my friends

7 Likes

Those look so cool and I need to get some!

My plan of reducing my washi tapes has been sabotaged by my boyfriend… He got me a big box of washi for my birthday. :rofl::heart_eyes: They are soooo beautiful!

27 Likes

That’s the kind of sabotage we all need! :heart_eyes_cat: Those are stunning, I absolutely love them! Also, is this your birthday today? If so, happy birthday! :partying_face:

Thanks a lot, @cherrymoon - it has already been two and a half weeks ago, but somehow I only came around to posting it now. :rofl: :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like