Washi tape discussions!

I have a plastic stationery drawer which houses some of my washi, like this:

I have also reused two round tin cans that used to hold biscuits to hold washi - the inside structure is an old cardboard tube with a cardboard disc attached to the bottom like a tray, so I can lift the whole stack of washi rolls out in one motion. Everything I used for these was recycled materials!

44 Likes

here’s my small collection of washitapes.
i bought most of them in tiger :grinning:
but i have a few questions: can i put them anywhere on a postcard?
is there a place where it’s better not to stick them on?

12 Likes

The unthinkable just happened! I used up a roll of washi! Does this mean I can buy more now? :innocent: :smiling_imp:

17 Likes

yes! the time has come to go shopping again :innocent:

i almost never finish a roll of washi. i’m very attached to all my 350 rolls of washitape and i don’t wanna throw them away. but also recently i bought a lot of new washitapes, after the photo i posted. so now i don’t have space anymore in my tiny basket. so i guess the time has come i have to finish some rolls.

3 Likes

Oohh I like the cylindrical box idea!! What a space saver.

2 Likes

I am addicted to washi tapes! I cant simply show you my collection… Im sure I will faint when I count them all.

5 Likes

I don’t really use washi tape. I have some for years now. :grimacing: I became more addicted to stickers and even bought the Silhouette Portrait cutting machine to do my own.

19 Likes

here are the recent tapes i bought (ordered at the earlier mentioned shop online) :heart_eyes:

5 of them are the “mt” brand :star: “moon”, “pineapple”, “seven herbs of spring”, “heart spot” and “cup of therapy” :laughing:

12 Likes

Are those glittery trees on the right? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

yes, they both are glittery, wide tapes, forest views :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Awesome! 10/10 would buy!

1 Like

Thank you. Had one mt Tape from a luxury store in my area and just experienced the difference to AliExpress ~2 EUR ones. Thanks to you I found a way to actually get them to :de:, as https://www.masking-tape.jp doesn’t send to :de: - now Tape Garden does… for around 10 € shippimg.

Maybe we should do national group orders…

2 Likes

@paradonym I just found this onlineshop with super great mt washitape sale https://www.homebypiia.com/washi-tapes-c-145_83.html

I think they will ship outside Finland too.

1 Like

Have you already ordered or received something from there?

:earth_asia::heart::art::love_letter::sparkles: My absolute favorite brand of washi tape is from a Japanese company called “PineBook” – but it is very hard for me to find it in the USA.

27 Likes

Yes I have. One time earlier and now I just ordered again because of the sale :sweat_smile: and yes I received that earlier order.

Here’s a better look at one of my washi tape holders – it is actually sold as an eyeglass/sunglasses container, but it works perfect for storing my washi tapes. :sunglasses::heart:

24 Likes

I think I need to calm down :joy:

29 Likes

Oooh I love the one with the flags on. Where did you get it? X

Thanks! @Lissy99 That one is from the Japanese washi tape company called “PineBook” which I found in a local arts store. :jp::de::cn::us::fr::es::it::ru::uk::kr: