Washi tape discussions!

Well, I don’t receive them, I only send them and so I don’t know whether they are still sticking when they reach their destination :sweat_smile: (Would you like to get a test postcard from me? I am curious as well.) The glue seems to be the same as for washitape. Sometimes, a corner sticks out but if it is too bad, I glue it back on by hand.

I like that the glue is not as tight, truth be told. That way, I can stick them over the cameras on my phone and laptop and pull them off and on again when I do need to use my camera and there are no traces left of the glue, very neat! :+1: I have a mango on my smartphone and a watermelon on my laptop.

3 Likes

I haven’t had any problems with these stickers not sticking. I’ve held onto cards for a day or two before mailing, and the stickers have been fine when I finally sent them on their way. I also just asked dear @mondkind about this and she said the stickers were in good shape on arrival:

6 Likes

@Cassiopheia

I love this box.

20 Likes

Those are from Really Useful Box (in this case 2,5l with Washi Tape Tray), I have other sizes as well (for my rubber stamps, my cards etc…)

2 Likes

I love plain ones, and minimalistic ones, to cover up the words on the card sometimes. But I have a lot! So, if somebody likes plants for example, I’ll use those!

1 Like

I used to like to make accounts. Do you know this? You can think of it as a beautified diary. So I bought some nice tape and stickers. But I don’t use them very often because I don’t know how to make good use of them and how to design typesetting.

15 Likes

This brand of tape is a bit expensive for me. In fact, I’m very stingy. :joy:I’m willing to spend more money on things I like, but it’s also restrained. Compared with this brand, I will definitely choose domestic tape because it is cheaper. They are also beautiful.

1 Like

I am new to postcrossing and am learning about things related to postcards especially washi tape, at first I thought it was a ribbon and thought if it could be put on postcards but I received some postcards from several countries and it was very beautiful with washi tape embellished. Maybe I’ll have one to try and get started with washi tape.

Thanks all for sharing :pray: nice topic

7 Likes

mt may be a bit more expensive brand than most but it is definitely good quality :heart_eyes: and i bought some of the tapes when there was special offer/sale :grin:

if i understood it is the original classic japanese washi tapes company? :star:
https://www.masking-tape.jp/en/

I have these,:slight_smile: and some others in different places…

28 Likes

oh wauw everyone is so organised. i should really look into boxes like you all have because sometimes i’m looking for a certain kind of washitape and it takes 10 minutes to find.

i love buying very specific types of tapes but also i have 5 with disney princesses (it was a set) because everyone loves disney and now i barely get addresses from people who like disney. so i try to stick with the cats and cute animals and flowers but i’m quite addicted :sweat_smile:

36 Likes

I was thinking the same… my washi tapes are everywhere, in small boxes, because I didn’t get a bigger one, to stop me to buy more tapes… (it didn’t work, of course) :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I might have gone a little overboard in my order from China, but I couldn’t help myself :see_no_evil:. I was missing some basic, calm colors and patterns in my collection, so that’s a valid excuse in my opinion

18 Likes

I love the stamp-styled tape! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Here is my small collection. I like the Scotch Expressions. I also used to buy some from a store called the Dollar Tree, but I can’t seem to find a store that sells them anymore. I assume the quality is good as well and hope they make it to their destinations still intact.

29 Likes

The little paw prints are so cute! :heart_eyes:

@xAnnalies Not to enable you (lol) but this is not an extravagant order at all. It’s a very reasonable amount to order if you’re going to ship it all the way from China to you! I really like the understated sepia-coloured tapes!

1 Like

Thought i had 30-40 rolls, turns out i have 80+.

29 Likes

LOL! Me too! I have to put the box upside down, take them all out to find the right one. :rofl:

2 Likes

Any Indians in this discussion? Please let me know where you get your washi tapes from… I’d like to check out them!

4 Likes