Voss, Norway, World Postcard Day, Sunday 1.October 2023

Hi @Mamiielariie.
We didn’t have a meetup-card for this meetup. Most of us sent out the official WPD design, and other WPD designs.

None of the 10 postcards I mailed from the same mailbox (at the trainstation - which I posted a photo of) has arrived either. Not all of them where officials, two of them are trades.
I mailed the rest from Oslo the 2/3 October and some (addresses taken out before 1.10.) has been registered, but none of those taken out 1 October (have to say that most of them are travelling far, except for 2-3 of them). But still.

@LeishaCamden did you get an answer? The mail box is empited every workingday in connection of delivery of mail.

That is very weird. Seems like they have forgotten to empty it. Or they have emptied it but forgotten the bag somewhere…

Excited to hear what Posten said.

Four of my cards have been received so far. I posted the postcards on my way home in a mailbox in my neighbourhood.

Posten was pretty much useless, as expected. I explained the situation, and their response is we will just have to wait. The postcards aren’t registered mail of course, so they can’t track them. This person that I got on the chat said that the mailbox is emptied when the mailman passes by on his route - it’s not every day @marit_la it’s every other day - but I couldn’t get her to specifically say that she could say for a fact that this mailbox has actually been emptied. She basically said it must have been emptied because it’s supposed to be emptied. So she was useless.

I’m really starting to think that the cards haven’t been picked up. Since Marit’s haven’t arrived either, it’s really impossible that not a single one would have arrived in a week and a half. @postboo is there any way you can help us out? Can you go by the mailbox and check? Maybe ask at the local postoffice/post i butikk?

2 Likes

Oh joy, the customer service should be very happy they could not hear me righ now.

I was convinsed that businesses did get their mail delivered every day Monday to Friday, but obviously not. Well, some search on the address of the supermarket (BunnprisI) where this mailbox is just next to the entrance, I found the postal code. According to the webside to Posten, they get mail delivered 3 times this week, so last week they got mail twice (Tuesday and Thursday), to this specific mailbox should have been emptied twice last week.

What’s the point with a customer service if they cannot find out the same thing??

Do you think I will get the stamps for free since I can to the job better then the Post themselves???

Well, what did we at least we learn from this? DO NOT USE mailboxes where it is stated that it is emptied in connection with mail delivery. Use mailboxes where it is stated exactly when it is emptied.

2 Likes

I can check the mailbox tomorrow.

And I can also go by the local postterminal and ask them about it.

2 Likes

I received your card from this meetup today @Tanumine ! :grinning: Thank you for thinking of me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looks like they did pick up the mail from this mailbox, but a little later than we all might have hoped!

3 Likes

HAPPY thoughts now :smiley: I’m so glad!! And you are SO welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s good news! :smile:

Of course I forgot to go by the mailbox when I was in town. (I was traumatised after being at the dentist :tired_face::rofl:) But now it seems the issue is solved after all :blush:

1 Like

Yes, at least two of my cards have now been received. So I think they forgot to pick it up the first week maybe, but now they are in the system. Whew, what a relief! :smile:

1 Like

Hi !Does someone here wanna swap meet up cards with me ?

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi FengYingyi. If you scroll up (and it is also stated in the first post) you can see that we did not have a meetup card for this meetup.

Some of the postcards from this meetup has arrived, but none of those which I took out on 1 October.

Today I received a postcard from India, a swap from a meetup they had on 1 October.

All of mine from 1st October to Germany and the Netherlands have arrived. None of those to Russia. But you had some German addresses too, didn’t you, @marit_la?

Yes, I had addresses to Germany, but not among the 10 addresses I took out on 1 October.

Finally one of the postcard drawn 1 October was registered, a postcard to Estonia.

I’m still waiting for the postcard to Italy to be resgistered, to the person who will receive postcards from 3 of us attending this meetup.

2 Likes

I received two great cards from your meetup! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:
Thank you very much, dear @marit_la and @LeishaCamden for your beautiful cards, lovely stamps and kind wishes, and @alltheothers for signing! :smiley:

I wish you all a sunny and colourful autumn! :fallen_leaf: :jack_o_lantern: :maple_leaf:

3 Likes

One of my postcards from this meetup, to India, was registered today.

2 Likes