Voss, Norway, World Postcard Day, Sunday 1.October 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Voss, Vestland, Norway
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Fleischer’s Hotel lobby, Evangervegen 13, 5704 Voss
:calendar: DATE: 1.October 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00 AM (midday)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Write postcards, drink coffee/drinks, lunch

Hi everyone, I’m hosting for the first time :sweat_smile: on World Postcard Day!

We meet in the lobby at Fleischer’s Hotel, they have a nice big lobby area and hopefully we can sit by the windows with a view to the Vangsvatnet lake.

We will write postcards (there is not going to be a dedicated meet-up card for this meet-up), and it’s also International Coffee Day so let’s order some coffees to enjoy while we are writing postcards :smile: Since it’s Sunday, most of the shops are closed, so bring your own postcards.

If people are interested we could also have lunch, or go for a walk by the lake, in town or take the gondola up to the mountain for the view.

Going:

1. postboo :norway:
  2. marit_la :norway:
  3. Tanumine :norway:
  4. LeishaCamden :norway:

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

3 Likes

Great, Have fun at meet-up :love_letter:

1 Like

Unforunately my (non-postcrossing) family planned a trip to Tromsø without taking WPD into consideration… so I’ll be in Tromsø then, otherwise I would’ve been there! Hope for another meetup in Voss in the future :smile:

1 Like

Interesting.
I have never been to Voss, so why not. At the moment a maybe, but absolutely interested.

1 Like

I’m very interested!
For now, I’m a maybe. I have to do some research regarding that weekend and work schedule.

Travelling from Oslo, is flying (to Bergen) the best option combined with rental car, or train would you say? :smiley:

1 Like

@KAS Oh, that’s too bad. I bet Tromsø will be nice too, and hopefully you are able to attend next time in Voss :smile:

@Tanumine great! :smile: I hope you can make it.
If you want to fly, Bergen is the closest, and then the light rail and train to Voss. But I would highly recommend travelling by train from Oslo S to Voss, as the view over the mountain is pretty nice all year round :smiling_face: The train station in Voss is close to everything.

1 Like

I’m interested too. @Tanumine if you rent a car, maybe it will have space for a passenger … ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So I’ll be in Tromsø on Oct 1, but will still be writing a few WPD cards on the day. I’m organising an order of the official WPD card now on FB (Postcrossing Norge). If you are not on FB but want in on the order, please let me know by Sunday August 13. Thanks :grinning: The price per card will depend on total size of order + you need to pay postage for me to send your cards to you. Right now price is at 3.35 kr per card. Will be less if more cards are ordered.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll send you a direct message :smiley:

Thanks for the invite to this but sadly won’t be able to make it. I’m away then. Would have been cool to go to my first ever meet up!

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll be able to send some postcards where ever you may be :blush: You are very welcome to join another meetup later :blush:

I will be there for sure. I will arrive Saturday by train and leave by train on Sunday (at 16.57).

Have booked a room at Fleischer’s hotel as well.

2 Likes

I can bring any of the WPD cards with me.

1 Like

Great. I’ll order them when the new winner has been announced and I’m sure we can arrange a handover in time :grinning:

1 Like

Hello everybody from Germany :smiley:
Is anyone of the Voss Meetup participants interested in swapping meeting cards? I will be in Bockhorst on the 1st of October.

I will join!! Love this place and that hotel🥰

1 Like

Hello! I wonder if this meet-up will have its own meet-up postcard? And if yes, would someone like to swap with me? :slight_smile:

@pathetiquejazz
Hi. No, there will not be a dedicated meet-up card. We will be sending World Postcard Day postcards (and other postcards if the participants don’t want to send WPD).

1 Like

You can add me to the participating list :smiley: and @LeishaCamden as well. Plane tickets booked :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

Added! :smiley:

1 Like