V.e.r.y L.o.n.g Profiles

That’s my profile.I wrote long because I wanna give ideas to people who’s going to send me postcards about what to choose or what to write

5 Likes

Does anybody have an idea how to use up my last 6 characters? :rofl:

6 Likes

I am definitely guilty of a long profile. hangs head in shame

The other day I received an official postcrossing card that started with, “Hello, I read your text and you seem like…” and I felt so bad because I thought the Postcrosser had drawn my address and was assaulted with a wall of dense text from my profile! Oops!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have 2719/3000 :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I absolutely love long profiles. Details about pets are nice, that’s also telling about Postcrossers and how they love their pets. I’m only bored of long lists of wishes and expired cards (I don’t understand the latter).

(Rewriting my profile I spent LOTS of words to describe in detail and unambiguously that I’m happy with any postcards and messages… I could’ve written more about myself but it’s already 2999/3000)

7 Likes

Well, I don’t mind, it’s a way to get to know someone. I don’t know if mine would fit in your description, I have no particular achievment to boast, but I simply listed some of the things I like for the sender can get an idea of what to send me.

I quote, paragraphs are important. Then you can write as much as you want, I like to read. But half a meter of words and sentences piled on each other can be visually intimidating for me :slight_smile:

I honestly prefer a long profile than a totally empty one.

7 Likes

I love long profiles. My own uses every character available. Many people say they loved reading it! I also do have an easy to find and very inclusive list of postcards that would make me happy for those that want to skip the profile or find English hard to read…I never know if someone’s computer is translating for them. To each their own :innocent:

5 Likes

A cute line of emojis

1 Like

Some smiling faces? : ) Or “byebye”? “Thanks”? :smile:

1 Like

Maybe “Ok bye!” :joy:

For me, it really doesn’t matter if the profile is long, short or totally empty. I like to read them anyway and start to think what kind of card to send and what to write. I love to read random facts about people and I find the wishlists very helpful.

And oh you guys, who have replied this thread, you have great profiles! :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Haha, fingers crossed I still feel the same in 7 years time too! :rofl:

2 Likes

I mean, I definitely prefer the long profiles, they usually inspire me with what to write :blush:.

10 Likes

I never read profiles. I just stick my hand into my postcard box, choose one at random, and then write whatever I want on the back of it.

Okay, I’m kidding. I think I’d rather have more to work with than less, but sometimes less can be freeing, too. In other words, your profile is fine.

5 Likes

Write “Tschö!”

1 Like

Amen

2 Likes

+1

I’m always thankful when I see a long profile.
I spend many time and efforts to make a card as interesting as possible. But time to time I feel that I fail and that person doesn’t like a card. It’s so sad. Despite I go through all Wall (favourites, sent, received) with all my wild choice of cards, time to time I feel that I made a wrong choice.
So thank you SO-SO-SO much for any details which I can find in your profiles.

Regarding expired cards. This information is not usufull for me. But I could understand that person spent time and want to see at least it’s number somewhere. So it’s not a problem for me.
I found the other solution for my own expired cards. If person is available via U2U then I send the other card. I did it twice. And in both cases it brought a pleasant satisfaction to me.

6 Likes

As a matter of fact, I don’t mind reading long profiles, even when they write a lot of seemingly irrelevant information. Someone’s profile is the user’s personal one, so I think, there is no limit as to what is written there. What I do not understand, is why someone might want to write the amount of expired postcards at the profile’s page. Instead of it, he/she could include some preferences. But then again,we are all different and everyone is having his own way of thinking

4 Likes

Please don’t. We all have a choice: to read a profile or to ignore it.
At the same time everybody have a choice to read pleasant text on a card or to not.
It seems that your respondent chose the last option…

7 Likes

Still chance to add something by 291 characters. Cool :upside_down_face:

1 Like