USPS will consider a USA Postcrossing Commemorative Stamp!

Writing my postcard now!

1 Like

I just got a reply in the mail. :frowning:

Edited by moderator, removed personal address from image.

2 Likes

Oh no thats too bad! I sent a postcard on WPD to express interest in a PostCrossing stamp and am yet to receive a response so its not looking good. It seems our Canadian friends may have better luck soon though

I’m sorry to hear about this.

From this page on their website, I get the impression that this decision means the topic won’t be considered for a stamp for the next three years. :frowning: Does anyone know if that is the case?

Look what showed up today 😥

Found your post from here

I will send letter to both of Canada Post and USPS.
Hope the new postcrossing stamps will come from North America. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So this was posted Sept 29th… when did they meet? Am I too late to write? are we now at the “have to wait 3 more years” mark? Thanks so much for your information and effort!!

To US POSTCROSSERS: the campaign for a Postcrossing stamp has, so far, been unsuccessful. Why don’t we try this:

ON JAN 2, 2023, US Postcrossers who are interested in having a US Postcorssing stamp, SEND A REQUEST ON A POSTCARD THAT DAY. Maybe if they are overwhelmed with cards requesting the same thing, they will pay attention - rather that 1 one week, 6 another week, none for 2 months etc. Please address your JAN 2, 2023 card to:

Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee
475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Room 3300
Washington, D.C. 20260-3501

Please join me adding the above to your profile.

If we don’t get traction, let’s repeat it on WPD 4.

We should have a Postcrossing Stamp!!

Thanks

Denise

22 Likes

Yes we should. I’m going to put this on my profile right now. Try to spread the word so many many people can see it.
Thanks for doing this.

4 Likes

on world postcard day (oct 1), a group had mail off postcards to the stamp committee. i know at least 27 people who did that (and there may be more but did not respond to that forum message)

we can try again on that day you suggest. maybe more will send in.

1 Like

One of the things that’s also important to take into consideration would be design and layout suggestions. We could also inform them of our ideas on what the stamp should look like. I personally would like to see domestic and international Postcrossing stamps to be issued, perhaps jointly on the same sheet. Most of the other countries who have issued their own Postcrossing stamps have been mediocre at best. The design would have to really be compelling and intriguing. If this can’t be achieved then I don’t think the USA is ready for it. The USPS also has to decide if they’re going to make a profit on this stamp. Sure, there’s a huge following but is it worth it?

4 Likes

It takes 2-3 years after approval before USPS issues a stamp. In the meantime you can order rubber ink stamps or design stickers…

Thank you Denise, going on my profile!

Thanks. Pass it on

Denise

Super!! Thanks for the update

I received this last month after sending a postcard expressing interest in a US Postcrossing stamp. Sadly it was rejected. I encourage everyone to keep sending in requests!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Is it still worth it to send in a letter? Is the rejection letter for 2025?

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s worth suggesting the topic again now since by chance, I came across the news that the director of stamp services had been removed and replaced recently.

3 Likes

I definitely think it is still worth it to send in a letter! Just be sure to note that your proposal would be for consideration in 2025, given this clause on their website: “If the Committee decides not to recommend a subject for issuance as a stamp, the proposal can be submitted again for reconsideration following a three-year interval.”

Even though it is certain they will not consider a Postcrossing stamp again until 2025, perhaps if there is a steady stream of letters until then to the Committee (and a greater number closer to that date) it will boost the chances it is reconsidered.

4 Likes

Well it should be quite obvious why the former director of stamp services ((William J. Dicker, Jr.) was removed; because it was under HIS watch when Postcrossers’ numerous pleas for a Postcrossing commemorative stamp were rejected! And to think that this William J. Dicker, Jr. character is going to be collecting a government pension financed by MY tax dollars!!! (I noticed that two of the rejection letters shown above were both sent out on October 28, 2022, a Friday. I wonder if that’s how they get their jollies, over there at postal headquarters, sending out rejection letters to Postcrossers right before the weekend).

2 Likes