US 2023 Stamp Announcement

Here we go - just published today (10/24/22):

US 2023 Stamps (first announcement)

38 Likes

Mixed bag - a few are interesting, many are not

6 Likes

The “Thinking of you” stamps are so cute :heart_eyes: you are lucky to get such beautiful stamps

2 Likes

I really love the Red Fox, Sailboats and Tulips!

2 Likes

The fox is cute, I really love the endagered species stamps, the tulips are nice, also quite like the thinking of you, don’t like the lunar new year one much but still love to receive one ^^

4 Likes

I think I’m happy overall! The addition of a 40¢ stamp is interesting, but could be useful. New postcard stamps and additional ounce are exciting, too.

5 Likes

Such beautiful stamps! The Year of the Rabbit one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow, thank you! I’ve been googling for that info every day. :joy:

I will probably get a ton of the LOVE stamps. :heart_eyes: Also, the fox stamp, tulips, Native American chief, Roy Lichtenstein, and the school bus is kind of cool. Really happy about their 2023 offerings!

I read this as “Here, are you happy now? Stop badgering us with small-denomination stamp requests” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

28 Likes

I’m most excited about the Red Fox, Thinking of You, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Winter Woodland Animals, Piñatas, and Waterfall stamps!

2 Likes

Ooh! Love the Chief Standing Bear :heart:

Kinda wish our post would have this kind of pre-release information :joy:

2 Likes

Since my post was a bit curmudgeon-ish, a question: would you (do you) buy stamps that you personally aren’t thrilled about, but may be popular with recipients?

4 Likes

I definitely would get stamps that may be popular with recipients that I may not personally like, I try to get all different stamps! Here’s just one example…My husband likes the PTSD stamps; I wasn’t really for it since I enjoy bright colored ones. But being a veteran and my husband being active duty I thought, even though I don’t personally like the design of the stamp it promotes an awareness of PTSD and puts it out there that it’s a real thing and it should be understood by more people.
I am really excited for the sailboat postcard stamps! I think they are gorgeous! There are quite a few I like, I wish they had more though!

2 Likes

I am sure A LOT of postcrossers who adore kittens and puppies will just love these creatures

11 Likes

I don’t usually :sweat_smile: I usually just buy what I like and it tends to work out ok.

2 Likes

glad that the postcard stamp is getting an update! and omg i am gonna buy so many rbg stamps :sparkles:

although i am a bit disappointed by next year’s us flag offering though lol i like clean and minimalistic designs as much as the next person but this one seems to be devoid any personality :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

All the time. I’m always on the lookout for stamps new and old that meet profile requests. Chief Standing Bear is going to fill a big gap in my collection; I see requests around Native Americans quite frequently and this stamp is the first since the NA dance series, I think

Edited to add: That being said, I also object to some themes and don’t buy them regardless. “Drug Free America” and Reagan stamps come to mind.

4 Likes

I actually really like the new US Flag stamp! I think it’s very nice. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re in luck! USPS always releases more over the course of a year than what’s announced in the fall press release. Just a sampler of what we can expect :tada:

3 Likes

The winter species, endangered animals, waterfalls and railroad stations interest me most.

3 Likes