Uploading a picture for a sent card?

I don’t have scanner either and have been using PhotoScan, it is very handy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh great, thank you for the help :smiley:

I’m a simple fellow and not great at technology, I shall look for that photoscan thingy.

Can I upload a second postcard I am sending to one recipient (already sent other)? I can’t find a place to register it BEFORE sending.

• a second official card with ID because the first got lost: replace the first picture
  • a second card with the same ID of the first that still travels: an upload of two cards next/above each other is possible (though not very common)
  • a second card without ID just because for fun: no upload possible

Thank you for your suggestions on using Google Photoscan, I’ve used it a few times and it is great.

The images have come out really well and it is easy to use.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!!

Is it possible to upload a photo of a sent card after it’s been registered, I forgot to do it before.

No, it’s not possible. Once the card is registered it’s “owned” by the recipient, who had control over the image. They might upload it though! You can send them a polite message requesting they do, but they’re not obligated.

Well yes, but only for recipient. As a sender you cannot upload a photo of the card after it’s been registered.

1 Like

Thank you.

If you send them an email to ask them to upload it, you could offer to send them the electronic file too because some people have a hard time with the process to do that.

You’d have to send it through the Forum messaging or through actual private email as the main site mail system won’t let you add a jpeg file etc. Good luck!

Also, you don’t want to message them until they have registered the card. Otherwise, you will ruin the surprise.

1 Like

That is not necessary @littlesthobo , for the sender can upload the picture themselves until the card is registered.

1 Like

Right. But if you message them before they receive your postcard to explain what you want them to do, you have ruined the surprise of who and where the card is coming from.

2 Likes

And is it possible to add a picture after the postcard is received by the recipient? if he did not upload it. I can’t see where. thanks

1 Like

The sender can upload the image of the postcard before sending or while it is still travelling. After the card is registered, only the recipient can upload the picture.

9 Likes

It’s very much like a real postcard, once it’s at the recipient’s place (registered), only they can do what they please incl. uploading a picture.

2 Likes

Send a nice, polite request to the receiver & ask if they can scan & upload the photo. You could offer to send them the scanned photo as well as some people don’t have the equipment or know how.

Beyond that, you’re out of luck, once the card has been received, only the receiver can upload or change the photo.

If having the image up on your wall is important to you, your best bet is to scan & upload the image BEFORE you mail the card. Ask me how I know this, lol.

5 Likes

Hey everyone,

I just started doing postcrossing a few weeks ago and for my first cards I did not use the pre-upload function.
So a few cards were received and the recipients have not uploaded a photo - which is totally fine, because it is extra effort. I took pictures of the cards before I sent them - can I upload the photo somehow to my wall AFTER the cards have arrived. I know, it is possible during the “traveling” phase.
Or is this function not available on purpose?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

I believe after the card has arrived, only the recipient can upload a picture.

Perhaps you could ask them nicely to do so?