UPDATED! Lorry January 18th, 2024 at 5pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Lorry, Parkveien 12
:calendar: DATE: January 18th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Eating and drinking, chatting, signing postcards

UPDATE!!
Because of the extreme weather conditions we have had to change our plans for this month’s meetup. We will postpone from Wednesday to Thursday and will switch to a location in the city center, the restaurant Lorry.

For our January meetup we’re doing something a little different, because we will have some special guests … ! :smiley: Our German friends @midnatsol and Mr midnatsol will be in town and we want to do something extra for the occasion. Unfortunately in January things like museums and the like tend to close pretty early, so we have had to wrack our brains :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But we figure that everyone’s got to eat, so let’s go to one of the city’s most unique restaurants … !

Frognerseteren is easy to get to, just take subway line 1 to the stop called, indeed, Frognerseteren :blush: From the station it’s just a short walk to the restaurant. Holmenkollen ski jump with the newly refurbished Ski Museum is very close also.

I assume we will be eating in their café section, which you can read about here https://www.frognerseteren.no/default_e.aspx?pageId=70
The menu is here https://www.frognerseteren.no/default_e.aspx?pageId=71
I’m sure everyone will find something to eat and/or drink there :blush:

Bring postcards to write, sign or show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread.

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

Hope to see many of you there! :smile:

There will be no particular meetup card for this meetup … I don’t think?

I will be there and am promoting away. :grinning:

We could have a meetup card…?

1 Like

It’s a very scenic place … ! Both the restaurant itself and of course the amazing view of the city

@LeishaCamden Thanks for organising this meetupp for us. We are looking forward to meet you again.
By the way Ralf has an own postcrossing-account, now. The Nickname Ralf was available and so we reserved it for him.

1 Like

I will be there. Maybe I work from home this day.

1 Like

I will try to be there

So are we all getting on the 16.25 from Nationaltheatret station? (Arrives Frognerseteren station 17.00.) Trying to plan my day :upside_down_face:

Sounds good. We just arrived at Oslo this morning.

We should keep an eye on the metro on Ruter as it will be snowing tomorrow afternoon and during the night and day on Thursdagy. This might have consequenses for this line, espeicially from the stop Besserud/Holmenkollen and up to Frognerseteren.

I will be there (unless I decide and work from home, then I will join on Besserud station).

1 Like

I’m working from home tomorrow since apparently it’ll snow a lot tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope the trains are running on schedule again by tomorrow afternoon :stuck_out_tongue: I plan to catch the 16.25 subway (or replacement bus, whatever Ruter decides to give us!).

I’ll be working from home tomorrow as well (the bus might or most likely will be delayed or get problems with all the snow in the morning).

I will join at Besserud, and hopefully the metro will not have any problems tomorrow, at least not in the afternoon.

(and to make it all better, on Sunday it will get mild and start raining during the evening and night to Monday).

@marit_la @KAS @LeishaCamden @arcticgirl64
How can we know if there are any problems with the metro line? And what to do if there are any problems? We’ll be at the station Nationaltheatret tomorrow at 16:25.

Just meetup, and if there should be a problem to get to Frognerseteren (like it does not go all the way or cancellations), we could go somewhere else.
It is supposed to stop snowing around 2-3 pm.

We’ll all meet at Nationaltheatret station at 16:25, and decide what we’ll do then.

If you decide to go somewhere else, let me know, as I am working from home and then would need to get the bus in to town.

At the moment all busses are cancelled and also metro line 1 to Frognerseteren is cancelled.

There might be an update at 3 pm.

Just came here to say this, line 1 trains aren’t running at all. Pretty unprecedented. Should we just pick a place downtown right away?

@marit_la are you even able to get anywhere at all?

At the moment all bus lines are cancelled, so I will not get anywhere at the moment, unless this changes by 4 pm.

(A pitty as I have prepared 25 cards and also was planning to bring the royal postcards I bought in Trondheim, Nidarosdomen giftshop).

But picking a place down town right now is the best plan anyway.
If I make it, I will let you know.