unfamiliar with postcard

noo :frowning: at unesco siteā€¦

1 Like

hahaha it depends on how we look at it. itā€™s a given most people dont know about older technology.

YOU HAVE WON SIR U HAVE WON :saluting_face: this is true winning :laughing::v:t3:

1 Like

There was a special astonishment about the maximum card, and the cry: ā€œThat stamp is not valid!!!ā€ (Latvia switched to the euro in 2014, stamps are valid only on which the price is printed in euros, but not in lats). I had to explain to her again that she needs to look on the other side, where valid stamps are gluedā€¦

5 Likes

good job, Austria :slight_smile:

very cool!

whoaā€¦ but i meanā€¦ even the maps in smartphone are called maps too, rightā€¦

1 Like

well, :slight_smile: i use water. or glue if im at the post office

i never heard of thatā€¦

1 Like

this is a pretty cool idea :slight_smile:
visiting a post office is in postcrossers travel itinerary :slight_smile:

when i spent so much time picking postcard as souvenir, my friend said why would i spend money buying those :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I remember thinking for the longest time that they no longer made lick-n-stick stamps because everyone at the first post office I worked at used glue. Then I learned we were actually supposed to have sponges in small bowls of water to hygienically stick stamps on peopleā€™s postage, but every such bowl but one had been lost.

3 Likes

what im confused is how do people find so many of old unused stamp :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am not surprised. I love sending mail, always have. So if I had children, I would teach them how to. But it is not unlikely that they would forget, because if you donā€™t love mail, you will rarely use it. Because I donā€™t need mail as we can do everything online. And if you donā€™t like mail, there is no point teaching your children.

4 Likes

Etsy, Ebay and Amazon :laughing:!

2 Likes

A bluey was a sheet of pre-gummed, pre-paid airmail-blue (hence the nickname) paper that friends and family members of U.K. service personnel used to use to write to them in the services. They were made obsolete by modern technology, (emails etc).

If you put ā€œblueys letters bfpoā€ in Google and select images, you will see what they look like. (BFPO stands for British Forces Post Office). :slightly_smiling_face:

You werenā€™t allowed to send anything in them, they were for writing only, but you could at least stick a few cheery stickers on them. :grinning:

3 Likes

It sounds a little like aerogrammes then?
(Of course, with the exception that aerogrammes are available to the general public)

3 Likes

Sending postcards was very popular tradition in the USSR. With the collapse of the Union in the early 90s, this tradition died, and I was very excited to discover Postcrossing 4 years ago. Noone here sends postcards anymore, and postal workers donā€™t know the rates.

8 Likes

But not able to google ā€œHow to address a letterā€?

No. When I was a kid, my father used Eurocheques to get cash on our vacation in the Netherlands. That was the only situation, when a cheque was needed. That was at least 40 years ago.

1 Like

Ah, Travelerā€™s checks! In the States, Travelerā€™s checks are still be use for vacations here and across the big water!

1 Like

Didnā€™t Traveller Cheques have a certain value? I think they were quite uncommon within the Euripean Communities (now European Union). I remember the advertisments for thwm, but I never saw them being used.
But I an still not sure what you mean with Personal Check.

1 Like