Ukrainian members, have you been receiving postal mails from abroad safely?

Hi sll. I’m from Ukraine.
My experience is showing below:

Sending to Japan during 2022-2023 (period of War)

15.04 - 21.06 == 67 days
26.08 - 09.10 == 43 days
20.10 - 14.11 == 25 days
24.11 - 06.01 == 43 days

Receiving from Japan during 2022-2023 (period of War)

15.08 - 11.10 == 57 days

So I think this route is not very popular and they wanting for container to be fulfilled to send it by air…

I’m worrying about delivery from Ukraine to Indonesia.
One card is 198 days on route for now and another is 109 days…

2 Likes

Hi @ursa

Thank you for sharing your postcard experience between Japan and Ukraina! I think it is a miracle that postal service works well between Japan and Ukraina even though there has been war happening in Ukraina.

As for postal service between Japan and Indonesia, too, sometimes mails seem to be lost en route. I feel sorry about it as I have postcard pals there.

Stay safe and well !

1 Like

Well, looking at where you want to deliver. (The main thing is that the post office works there, but I think if it is a swap, it should work) It also depends on the situation and the day. Now the post office works quite slowly due to the danger of shelling, power outages, etc. But mail also arrives with inscriptions in Latin. Never had a problem with that. Japan and Ukraine are quite far away, I think you just have to wait.

1 Like

@Mayulia

Thank you for your response. I can wait, no problem. It is just that I was wondering if people in Ukraina have been receiving postal mails safely or not.

I wish people in Ukraina also have received postal mails safely. I wish you all happy mails anytime!

2 Likes

@clubpostcards
BTW, I got your envelope that you sent on March the 13th - it arrived at March 29th.
I think a bit more than 2 weeks (17 days) on route - is very fast travel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very impressive! Do you keep a database?

Hello from Japan,

I was just wondering again today. Have you been receiving postal mails from abroad lately ? Have you been receiving mails well ?

Stay safe and well !

In my city, delivery is quite fast because it borders Hungary, and the postal service works surprisingly quickly. This is likely due to the fact that Zakarpattia region is one of the safest regions in Ukraine.

1 Like

@Karpanya

I see, thank you for letting us know !

I would like to let members in Ukraine know that currently, I am hosting a giveaway lottery from Japan for people in countries worldwide with a really difficult situations now. I plan to giveaway as long as I can for all people like a new year postcard, Japanese stationeries, my handmade items like my mini zines, a postcard and a bookmark, made with my hand-carved stamps. So, you can enter through the Postcrossing lottery section or you can even send me a message directly anytime and let me know what you would like to receive from me.

Stay safe and well !

PS :
Japan sends postal mails to Ukraine now, in case you do not know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ukrainian Post Service members are really glad to deal with the postcards, believe me. And we, Ukrainians, are so much happy to find a new card in our post boxes. In these difficult times it’s a kind of a flash of joy.
Yeah, I feel there can be some delays but I believe our postcards will reach us.
Thank you!

1 Like

@Inspiranta

Thank you for lettini us know!

Wishing you more happy mails :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Greetings to everybody!
I’ve been missing postcards for nearly three weeks. But today I found real treasure in my post box! There were so many postcards! Thank you all, dear friends, for your beautiful cards, stamps and messages :sparkling_heart:
Happy postcrossing to everyone!

2 Likes