Ukrainian members, have you been receiving postal mails from abroad safely?

@bayankod
from Japan, we now cannot send airmails and mails via ship to Ukraina. i heard it from the postal clerk at the post office.

of course, people in Japan hope it resumes sometime soon.

Ukrainian members, i am sure members in Japan are looking forward to the days when we can please you with our cards and messages sent to your country physically. so again, please stay safe and well.

8 Likes

That’s a great idea. Er - I looked up the nearest Ukrinian embassy to me but…who did you address it to “The Good Folks at the Embassy?”

2 Likes

I wrote embassy’s address on the address part and just wrote Ukrainian Embassy with address.

1 Like

With so many people who have fled now we don’t know who many postal workers are left and as men are not away fighting. And we don’t know how many people are still there and living at their original postal addresses and thus can still receive mail.
Flights to Ukraine are suspended from many countries. Which used to carry international Mail there.
We don’t know how many Mail sorting centres in Ukraine are intact and still running.
Many civilian people (women, children, old people) have only basic concerns left such as surviving, finding food and medicine.
Or fleeing away.
The men are fighting.

7 Likes

Hello
I am not in my city now, however, my father photographed me that I received 5 postcards.

8 Likes

I received 3 postcards sent on February 24 a few days ago. Think the post tries to work as usual again.

7 Likes

On May 4, I received 3 postcards from China and 1 from the UK. All these postcards were sent before February 24.

Kyiv
Ukraine

4 Likes

Greetings from Japan,

I have just noticed that we now can send postal mails (letters, postcards) to Ukraine from Japan again !! :slight_smile:

I am very glad to know it resumed.

As always, people in Ukraine, please stay safe and well and wishing you more happy mailbox :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Дуже чудова кирилиця :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The mail situation is not bad. Indeed, there were delays, but now everything is back to normal. Mail works for both receiving and sending.

3 Likes

I am glad to hear that. :slightly_smiling_face:
All the best for you and your country. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

thank you very much :hugs:

2 Likes

Кто-нибудь есть из Крыма? Получаете ли вы сейчас открытки из Франции? СтОит ли отправлять?

Hello @merci_from_france Welcome back to the forum.
If you have got this address from the main page, then it is also possible to send a card from France there and you are obliged to do so.
However, it may take a little while for your card to arrive.
Good Luck!

I didn’t get the address from the main page. As other users told me, Russian and Ukrainian addresses are now blocked - they are not issued by the postcrossing machine. I am interested in direct swap with Crimean residents now

There is no information to France in the Postal Monitor, so there will probably be no restrictions.
You might not get an answer here so quickly, as there are only a few Ukrainian users active here.
But you could ask at LaPoste.fr
And I found this:
https://aide.laposte.fr/contenu/envois-a-destination-de-l-ukraine?t=a
https://aide.laposte.fr/contenu/restrictions-des-envois-a-destination-de-la-russie-de-la-bielorussie-et-de-la-crimee?t=cc

1 Like

Thank you! But at the moment, letters from France to Crimea are delivered by Russian Post

1 Like

Hello Ukrainian members,

It is me again, greetings from Japan!

I was just wondering again today if you have been receiving postal mails from abroad safely these days during this utterly tough time for you there ?

You know, when I created this thread this year of 2022, this war which started in February had not been happening yet and then this war happened soon after I created this thread and I really lost my words…

Recently, I sent to people in Lviv, Kyiv, Odesa and Zaporizhzhya. I really hope they receive mails from me safely.

Please stay safe and well, all of you there !

4 Likes

Hello! everything is fine, even your postcard. My postcard is already signed and sent to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This week the French newspaper Le Monde had a really interesting article about the “En Ukraine, la poste fait office de ligne de vie” (The Ukrainian Post, a lifeline in a country at war).
Some articles of Le Monde get translated and published in English; I haven’t seen this one so far.

2 Likes