Ukraine's commemorative stamp! ❤️

This situation is very unfair and hard to kind-hearted Russians who are against this horrible war :broken_heart: :disappointed: It’s important to make it clear that the writings, cards, stamps, pictures etc. that support Ukraine and oppose the war are in no way intended against those Russians who oppose violence and terror :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

24 Likes

Do not use this stuff for Germany! The white “Z” is in Germany punishable as a symbol glorifying violence. If the other letters are used in the same way as the white “Z”, it’s only a matter of time before they become punishable.

9 Likes

I cannot use it, I’m from Russia. We don’t have anything related to that theme here yet.

2 Likes

Slava Ukraini!

13 Likes

It’s a beautiful brand. It’s a pity I’m not in Ukraine now and I can’t buy it. But I hope to get this stamp someday.

5 Likes

it does not say “fuck X country” anywhere - the theme of the design is based on a phrase by a Ukrainian soldier defending his land from the aggressor - namely the russian warship. But you absolutely had to twist the story, right?

22 Likes

I hope you are safe and your family is safe too (same as defenders of the island which were first declared dead and posthumously awarded heroes, and now appeared safe and back to their families). I understand what you are going through and my heart is with you and all the people who are affected by the current events, but there is no need of explaining me the cultural and situational background of this exact stamp.

As far as I understand for you it would not be normal as any other country is instead of ‘X’, but if it’s Russia, then it is okay for all civilized world?

I still do think that peace can not be reached by giving weapons instead of facilitating negotiations. If peace means giving weapons to one of the sides for me it doesn’t correspond the definition of peaceful actions in any context. In my humble opinion the ones who want to kill and cancel all Russians, including Dostoevsky, Tchaikovsky, Gagarin, the ones who give weapons instead of humanitarian help are the ones who are twisting the meaning of ‘peace’

7 Likes

Why must the propaganda always have to be here? And why is Stalin missing on your list? Did Ukraine invade Russia?
And why does the Russian news agency call Ukrainians non-human?

““Нелюди, хуже террористов”. Чем отличились украинские силовики” translated: ““Nonhumans, worse than terrorists.” What distinguishes the Ukrainian security forces”

13 Likes

(off-topic and with bit of irony) Sorry, I must admit - I am a propaganda zombie and a full accredited representative of Russian news agency! I was keeping my cover for 10+ years in postcrossing, sort of sleeping agent, to start acting now! :slight_smile:

And renaming Yuri’s night did/didn’t happen, as well as of some Concert Halls did/didn’t stop performing Tchaikovsky, and Universities did/didn’t exclude Dostoevsky… The proofs of these events happening or not, you can google yourself, I do really appreciate that many people are against it and some of the actions were reversed after. Combining these facts in a sentence would mean propaganda automatically? (Does combining alleged quotes in Russian considered not propaganda then?). Will you also google how Ukranian news speak about Russians and give us quotes with translation?

I’m just a human with my own opinion that “having fuck (country) on stamp is wrong” and “sending weapons doesn’t equal wishing peace”. I was raised in a belief that slender based on country of origin or nationality is wrong in any context. Shall I quote “Postcrossing is a global and diverse community of people, which is what makes it special. Be mindful of everyone’s differences and always be polite and respectful. There’s no room in Postcrossing for hate speech or hateful imagery that attacks any person or group based on, but not limited to, their race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, medical condition, body size, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity.” (from Postcrossing Community Guidelines)

It’s normal to have different opinions, also because the sources we base our opinions on are not 100% honest with us (all sources - it’s important to keep in mind) and use us for their own agenda. Having different opinion doesn’t mean that I’m twisting the story or I am a bot or I am brain-washed. It’s just… having different opinion about the stamps in question. It’s just an opinion, you can agree or not, you can have different opinion too and you don’t become a brain-washed just because of having an opinion different from mine.

10 Likes

Everyone has their opinion, can and should have it.

Your opinion sounded familiar to me. I read this similar on the Russian news agency’s website. Therefore, you should not derive that you are a zombie or agent of the agency. :wink:

We are all subject to propaganda. The truth is somewhere in between.
That’s why I like to read both sides. That’s how I always did it.

All was not well in Ukraine. All is not well in any country. However, there is no justification to invade.

The language of the article reminds me of another system in the past.

5 Likes

Somehow the truths these days are just the one that fits your narrative / want to believe as truth :smiling_face_with_tear:

But less about off-topic talk, I want to know if there will be only 1 design for this commemoration? :thinking:

Because usually here, there will be more than 1 design (2 or 3) in minisheet and fullsheet. Sometime there’s souvenir sheet with larger denomination but often comes with different design. I wonder too if there would be maxicard :star_struck: and first day cover for this as well

5 Likes

In the press of the counterpart the article above was confirmed.

1 Like

Like @catchycat, we’d like to see less off-topic talk in this topic, and more philatelic chat. Let’s keep it focused, ok?

I have just suggested a round robin to exchange postcards with this and other solidarity stamps for Ukraine! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

If you would like to participate please see the details and vote here: https://community.postcrossing.com/t/suggest-and-vote-on-new-round-robins/140/157?u=s0nata

4 Likes

Ukrposhta has released some more information about this stamp!

– There are two versions, one domestic, one international (the image is the same)
– You can see what the full sheet for both look like at the link
– There are also images of the first day covers for both
– There’s more info given in the Ukrainian and Russian versions of this page, but all I can figure out from that is that the initial printings are for 500,000 stamps, it seems like?

Also I can’t access Ukrposhta’s e-shop at all today. “Server Not Found.” :frowning:

5 Likes

I was finally able to access the Ukrposhta shop site tonight. It’s very slow but working. I see the stamp sheets listed, but not the FDCs. I hope they just haven’t listed the FDC’s yet and aren’t already sold out.

2 Likes

Oh, excellent. Yeah, I’ve been able to get the site working slowly now too since you’ve posted.

I was able check the site briefly yesterday night and they hadn’t put the first day covers up then - they just had the stampless envelopes. I also hope the FDCs just haven’t been added to the site yet.

The soldier on the stamp(Roman Hrybov) was captured after he said the F word to Russian troops.Now he has been released and shown himself in the issuing ceremony.
I would love to get one set!

58 Likes

Amazing! :ukraine:

1 Like

Wow!! :postal_horn: :v: