Ukraine's commemorative stamp! ❤️

If this is true, it’s worth sharing it! :v:
:peace_symbol:

49 Likes

Man, how much I would to get this stamp! :ukraine:

2 Likes

I just read about it too. The facebook post should be here Bei Facebook anmelden | Facebook

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a beauty in all ways! :ukraine:

4 Likes

It’s so beautiful!

1 Like

It feels a bit weird that postal services can become political in such way. Sad, sad times

26 Likes

It would be funny/ironic if they issued it and enough people bought it for their collections that the extra money financed the resistance.

5 Likes

Still disturbing that peace = stamps with “fuck country” = money to buy weapons (not even humanitarian help, no?) Does peace ever means choosing sides?

10 Likes

I don’t see it political.
It’s an historic moment commemorated by a special stamp :heart: :ukraine: :v:
:peace_symbol:

22 Likes

Is that going to be real? :sweat_smile:
We get a lot of patriotic theme stamps, but honestly there’s swear word there and middle finger shown in the design, and imo that’s so wrong…

21 Likes

“If you want peace you don’t choose sides. If you choose sides you don’t want peace”

21 Likes

I would be totally ok with stamps being issued AFTER, when what happened would be investigated. Russia has stamps with Crimean lighthouses, so why not. But swearing word etc. - this stamp is just a part of information war and is spreading hatred

P.S. I’m happy all soldiers from that island are alive regardless

24 Likes

It’s not uncommon. Stamps are used for advertising and political messages all the time. :wink: I love stamps that advocate human rights etc. I like these, too! Propagandistic postal wars have always been fascinating. Sometimes, these messages get crossed out or blackened by the receiving country’s postal service, if they arrive at all, and some get even more creative by altering slogans etc. I wonder what the Russian post is going to do with these stamps? :thinking:

11 Likes

I agree. Would be ok to merge this topic with ‘Weird and inappropriate stamps’ topic then?

4 Likes

:blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :ukraine:

7 Likes

We’ve deleted a bunch of posts on this topic, which were off-topic and going into political fights. Let’s reopen it again and give it another try.

Note that this is a topic to discuss this stamp being issued by Ukrainian Post. Feel free to share your feelings and thoughts about the stamp, as long as you do so respectfully.

14 Likes

For the first time I see a postage stamp with obscene language. :open_mouth: Culture, freedom of speech…
I wonder why not in Ukrainian? The Russian language is banned there. :thinking:

10 Likes

The actual design of these stamps is a contest, so it has not yet been determined exactly what will be on them, except for the phrase, which is historic.

5 Likes

When I saw the first post, I just see the image of those stamps, without reading words.
They remind me many military people on the USS Ronald Reagan, came to Japan in the name of Operation Tomodachi in 2011.
Tomodachi means “friend” in Japanese.
11 years ago today, March 11th, we had a disaster called “Great East Japan Earthquake”.

Thank you to all, that your country’s rescue force and medical teams came to help us, other ordinary people sent us money, medicine, every other things and compasssion from the bottom of their hearts.
Sacrifice never become zero, sadness never dissapear, but they encouraged us so much.

I hope these rescue and friendship will reach there as soon as possible.
And also, I hope those things in the stamps will be used as the instruments of the peace.
Peace for everyone, not taking sides.

11 Likes