Ukraine's commemorative stamp! ❤️

Personally, I think Ukrposhta’s idea to use this theme as a form of art therapy is fantastic. I think it shows a responsiveness to their public and public mood that is commendable from an institution whose job it is to serve the people. It is also just a good way to get their users engaged with the post office.

I’ve looked through all the twenty designs on the shortlist. Some I like more than others. But I would encourage everyone to take a look at all the proposed designs: not all of them show a certain hand gesture, some don’t even have words. And of the designs, while many are in Russian, others are in Ukrainian and at least one has English on it. I’m looking forward to seeing which one the Ukrainian public vote for the most.

8 Likes

Are you joke? The stamp has a military image and foul language to Russia, and everyone writes how wonderful it is, and the administration supports it. Is this so postcrossing outside politics? I cannot express in words how disappointed I was with the people who created this project

12 Likes

‘Russian Warship Go F Yourself’ has become a famous quote worldwide – and rightfully so :muscle:
T-shirts are already being sold. Why not the stamp :+1: I’d be happy to receive such :v:
They should also make some commemorative postcards too.

12 Likes

I’d love to get these stamps someday :ukraine:

3 Likes

North Korea has issued a similar one (2008) with regard to the capture of USS Pueblo (AGER-2) in 1968.

3 Likes

Why was my post hidden?
It is not violating Community Guidelines, is it?

This is true:

Also a fact:
https://www.amazon.com/Russian-Warship-Go-Yourself-T-Shirt/dp/B09TG3SXP9

One cannot flag other ppls posts just because one “doesn’t like it”.
My comment isn’t offensive, abusive or misinformative, therefore I’d like to ask the moderators to make it visible. I like the stamp and the famous quote on it - some ppl in this thread called the quote ‘historic’ and the stamp ‘beautiful’. And I’d love to receive such a stamp one day too.

15 Likes

:roll_eyes:
I suspect that in the future, not now, of course, a postage stamp will also appear in Russia. With the letter Z. Historical chronicles…

7 Likes

Ohhh,what a remarkable stamp!!I really hope to get that​:hugs::hugs::hugs:
:ukraine::ukraine::ukraine::dove::dove::dove:
Yes,post office should not be political,but when your sovereign country is under attack,I do think it reasonable to publish stamps to show patriotism and support own country.

20 Likes

Please read again, what @meiadeleite postet some days ago.

I deleted again a bunch of off-topic posts.

3 Likes

A bit rude, the text on 1 stamp, They did not choose 1 of the stamps yet. What can Ukraïne do? show their opnion with a stamp, great! Anyway, the opposite of war is creation.

Stamp, poster, t-shirt. Please, I would LOVE THIS!! These guys are my heroes. Sorry, I am against this war, and no matter if a Russian or Ukrainian plane or tank is shot, it is young men who die in it. This is horrible. But in these times, to have the guts to say #f… you… to a huge military ship… WOW. PLEASE, if this release is coming true, let me know.

5 Likes

Sketch 3 won. This will be the first commemorative stamp to be issued in wartime. For those who believe that this stamp is not correct, there is no obscene expression on it, which shows the attitude of the Ukrainian people towards the “liberators” and there are not even flags indicating countries. But whoever is in the subject will understand everything.

13 Likes

Thank you for letting us know @OlgaMartik
I find the winning design to be perfect for sending the message it wants to be transmited.

Defending Odessa

7 Likes

Latvia adopts a conventional design; a swift gesture.

27 Likes

Yes, I imagine it will. But I dont ever want to receive this Z stuff on my mail.

13 Likes

I am offering the postcard that I had got with the same sayingbut for some reason it was flagged(2x) . I don’t understand.

2 Likes

Well, maybe because of forum guidelines saying “Don’t engage in country bashing, nor in religious or political wars”.
Also “There’s no room in Postcrossing for hate speech or hateful imagery that attacks any person or group based on, but not limited to, their race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, medical condition, body size, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity”.

17 Likes

There is a big difference between being against a country and being against war. Now it´s different comparing to other attacs like being against racism, bullying etc… I feel sorry for those who get hate even if not supporting killing. Love is strongest weapon.

14 Likes

Last week DPR issued it’s version of stamps and special cancellation.

7 Likes