Total Eclipse of the Sun Meetup, San Antonio, TX, United States, Sunday, April 7, 2024

Dang Im also travelling to Texas for the eclipse, but I’m going to be in Houston during that weekend :smiling_face_with_tear: (driving to Waco for the totality)

1 Like

I know! That’s why I thought Sunday would be the best day for the meetup!

1 Like

@ohhsayy You got an extra hour! I couldn’t find any coffee shops who would reserve an area and all the restaurants open at 11am. So now the meetup times are 11am to 2 pm - not 1pm. Hope you make it!

1 Like

@slefton12 @Angelthepup22 I called Merit Coffee and they won’t set aside any seating area, so I ended up with good, old Olive Garden! I know there will be room and they open at 11am, so I can snag a corner area! Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Sounds good :+1:t2:

I am only an hour away, but we have been advised not to travel since they are expecting traffic to be so bad. I am bummed to miss! You did a fantastic job on the postcards.

1 Like

I get it. That’s why I scheduled it on Sunday - mostly to avoid the traffic! Sorry you can’t make it. PM me your address if you want a meetup postcard - or a couple. (But, I don’t collect signatures/name stamps)
Tanya

1 Like

Would live to swap a meetup card with one of your group! Plan on traveling to Vincennes Indiana to view the solar eclipse. Hoping to find some postcards of the event. Message me if anyone interested. Thanks

2 Likes

I am a wee bit north of Austin and would love to head down!

1 Like

I hope you can make it! I scheduled it for Sunday to avoid the worst of the traffic!

1 Like

I am very excited about this meetup and the total eclipse. this will be my first meetup. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

2 Likes

@ewerannette I’m glad you’re planning on coming! I’m getting excited about my trip!

Hello ! I’d have loved to drive from Dallas for this meet up but won’t be able as I am having a surgical procedure on April 5th. Is it possible to buy 5 postcards and have them mailed to me ? I would be happy to pay for all costs and materials. Have a great meet up !!!

1 Like

Hello! I received your DM and I would totally be interested in going. This will be my first time going to a meetup and love that yall are coming to San Antonio! There are a lot of fun things to do around San Antonio like Sea World., The Alamo, Six Flags, and many more. The traffic does get pretty heavy around the 5-6pm times but since this event is happening pretty early I think we will be okay! Can’t wait to meet yall and save me one of those cute meetup postcards!! :grin:

1 Like

I’m so bummed I won’t be able to make this meetup! Too close to my due date to travel that far. Hope everyone has a lovely time!:love_letter:

I’m sorry you can’t make it - but it looks like it’s for a very good reason! Congratulations! Do you want a meetup postcard sent to you? Or some blank ones? Send me you address in a PM.

Hi! I collect meetup cards and would love to swap! I have this one available!

1 Like

Hello! What’s the max on meetup cards we could purchase?

Sorry it took me so long to respond - I’ve been swamped lately! I have 250 postcards, so, let me know how many you want and we’ll go from there!

1 Like

I’d like 25 and would love to attend the meet up.