The shortest distance?

which of your postcards has covered the shortest distance?

6 Likes

263 km

3 Likes

216 Miles

GB-1375924

2 of my postcards back in 2013, when we could send to Malaysia (restricted now because of COVID-19).

Distance was just 24km, literally across the border.

20 Likes

Just 444km to my northern neighbor in British Columbia! :canada:

2 Likes

10km. Probably typical for North Rhine-Westphalia, a very densely populated area!

17 Likes

My shortest as far as I know is 96 miles. I’ve been to the city it went to, actually.

1 Like

19 km

9 Likes

393 km

Mine shortest was 54km

My shortest distance was about 3 km, but it was for a tag in the forum, not an official card.

1 Like

When I lived in Hong Kong, I sent cards twice to Guangdong Province(home to Shenzhen and Guangzhou), just across the border in China. They both were 11 miles/17 km trips but one took 15 days and the other 60 days!

My shortest domestic card was sent within my state and was 34 miles/54 km- a 5 day trip!

3 Likes

Here is my shortest officially:

Unofficially about 40 miles. :slight_smile:

Shortest official:

I sent an exotic card, since we both already had our own State cards.

1 Like

98 miles, Portland to Eugene

54 km

I was surprised because I thought you couldn’t send so near!

I can’t find the card - the sender must have moved. But I got one from another Melbourne suburb about 14 km away. We lived on the same train line, and the sender mentioned she could see my place from the train.

5 Likes

Mine is probably the shortest but took the longest … 9km from Malaysia to Singapore but it took 68 days to arrive :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do think the stats are a bit off though cause my home to the border is already much further than 9km :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

17 Likes

152 km

My shortest sent was 81 km

And my shortest received 94 km