The King's Horn meetup in Oslo, Norway, Saturday February 10th 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: The Historical Museum, Frederiks gate 2, Oslo. Main entrance.
:calendar: DATE: 10 February 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12 noon
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet at the museum, admire the King’s Horn and then go to Lorry to eat and write cards. Possibly do some postcard shopping en route to the restaurant.

Welcome to our Q1 2024 weekend meetup! We will visit the Historical Museum’s HERITAGE exhibition to see the King’s Horn which is finally back where it belongs (currently on open-ended loan from its Danish thieves at the National Museum in Copenhagen). The King’s Horn is a drinking horn that was crafted by a Norwegian goldsmith in the 1300s and which has since passed through the hands of monarchs and lords in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland. Read more in English here or in Norwegian here.

Admission at the museum costs 120 NOK (but is free/included with the Oslo Pass).

After the museum and card shopping, we’ll go to Lorry for a meal and card writing. Lorry is one of Oslo’s oldest restaurants, with a history dating back to the 1870’s. You can read about it in English here.

If you want to skip the museum and just meet at Lorry, that’s fine too, but remember to let us know in this thread! It’s a Saturday, so we need to book a table in advance.

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread.

Hope to see many of you there! :smile:

Attending:
KAS
LeishaCamden
marit_la
XDKarina
arcticgirl64
KaterinaIII
imfunshokolad

1 Like

As promised, there’s a meetup card and here it is (finally!). Time snuck up on me, we have to order this one soon, so please let me know asap how many (if any) you want. Price will as always depend on total order, the fewer cards, the more expensive per card! Expect somewhere between 4 and 7 NOK per card.

Update Jan 12: cards have been ordered. Total price 767 NOK for 250 cards.

Our current order (updated Feb 6): 205 cards = 3.8 NOK per card. This is the final price per card.

(Click image for bigger view.)

Orders:
KAS - 20 - 76 kr paid
Inger71 - 30 - 114 kr paid
marit_la - 100 - 380 kr paid
arcticgirl64 - 20 - 76 kr
KaterinaIII - 15 - 57 kr paid
LeishaCamden - 10 - 38 kr
XDKarina - 10 - 38 kr paid

1 Like

Sadly, that weekend doesn’t work for me. Enjoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s too bad! See you another time :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ll be there! :smiley:

1 Like

I will be there.

1 Like

Hello,

I am wondering if you could possibly arrange a meetup for May 24? I will be in Oslo from the 2nd May until the 7th and would have many postcards from Scotland/South Africa.

Kind regards,

John.

Yes, I guarantee that we can :grinning: Which day would you prefer? If a weekday, it will have to be after office hours. If Saturday May 4 we can do daytime.

Hi Kas,

Saturday afternoon would be good to do.

Thanks again for the reply and best wishes.

John and Liz.

1 Like

Hey,

I just became a Postcrossing member. And I was just looking around to see what events are coming up soon. At the end of this month I will be doing an internship in Oslo and that means I can participate in this event!

I am very curious and hope to meet you there.

Greetings from Karina from the Netherlands

1 Like

Wonderful, look forward to seeing you! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all about this meetup.

1 Like

Great, we’ll make this happen :grinning: We’ll start a new thread for a meetup Saturday 4th of May, so we don’t hijack this thread :upside_down_face: We have some meetup ideas for you.

As promised, there’s a meetup card! See this post for details.

30 cards for me

1 Like

20 cards for me. Will try to be there

1 Like

Hello!
Can we swap?
My offer:

Thank you!

I would love to swap

1 Like

jeg tar 15 kort :innocent:

1 Like