The best cards you have sent

One card I was tempted to keep, sent from each of the places I’ve lived:

I always have a hard time parting with vintage cards that I find in flea markets or antique stores.

Italy had so many fun postcards, but I remember I wanted to buy the entire set of these cats in Commedia dell’Arte costumes (I didn’t), and I wanted to keep the ones I did buy for myself (I also didn’t).

I don’t even remember where I got this one exactly, but I definitely did not want to send it on. Bear! Octopus! What’s not to love?

3 Likes

I really enjoy art cards, so I’m particularly happy when I have a chance to send them to other people.

My most recent favorite is this one:

I’m also particularly fond of this one which is one of the earlier cards I had sent:

And then this one which was drawn by Ed Hardy which always makes me smile:

2 Likes

This oak postcard sent by me is my most favourited with 55 likes

But my own favorite is this one from my home city Oulu

and this Kaj Stenvall duck painting

3 Likes

My favorite postcard sent is this one. I just really love this picture.

This one is Montmonrency Falls near Quebec City, the city where I’m from. I’ve spent many days at the fall when I was a kid, so it brings back lots of good memories and I love snow!

And I just love this one because it’s so random and funny.

3 Likes

@lncrou7 Oh my, that last one! That was unexpected! :laughing:

I sent someone this postcard of a moon that caught my eye in a paper shop in Prague:

It arrived a bit damaged but the person liked it, so that made me happy!

6 Likes

@Moekje Oh yes, I love that illustrator so much too! The lighting is just so gorgeous on each drawing.

It’s always fun to send a funny one. This is our favorite that we’ve sent out.

1 Like

One of my most favorites is BR-523573. I just fell in love with the picture:

Another I like is BR-517223 from the same series (which I cannot find to buy anymore). I wrote wondering about what would the man be doing there as a short “mystery story” and the receiver continued with another view of what the man might’ve done. And it was a very sweet point of view :blush:

5 Likes

This card used to be the most popular, but now it is

As for cards I like myself, there are many. For example

It is from a nature reserve in Karelia. I had a hitch-hiking journey from Moscow to Petrozavodsk and then to Murmansk and the driver who gave me a lift to Petrozavodsk recommended visit the waterfall in Kivach, so I went there on my way to Murmansk. I enjoyed the waterfall (the rest of the nature reserve is closed) and bought some postcards in the souvenir shop. This is my favourite from that set.

When I studied in Izhevsk, Udmurtia, my favourite postcards were the Udmurt ornaments and the very best was this

Then I spent amazing spring term in Finland and sent plenty of great cards from there. This is the one I often think of. Why don’t I have the habit of sending cards to myself?

And since I now live in Cheboksary, Chuvashia, I want to send postcards about what I like here the most, I mean Chuvash language :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I have two all-time favourites :grin:

1. This art postcard of Venice:
  1. This watercolour painting postcard of Singapore:
2 Likes

It seems that last sent postcard is highly popular!
I am not surprised as I like it very much as well! It gives me nice winter vibes needed in this time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are some of my recent favourites that I have sent out.

1 Like

Here are some of my favorite sent postcards – I think the reason they are my faves is because

1. they are all colorful :rainbow:
  2. they were all bought on different adventures when I wasn’t really expecting to find them, so they hold special memories for me. :heart::sparkles:
5 Likes

My favourite sent card is this one:

The reason I am particularly fond of it is that it led me to go on an excursion to this valley (Val Onsernone) in the Ticino and explore the area. I would not have gone there if it were not for this card.

Second on my list is this one because of the composition.

4 Likes

:100: :heart: :heart_eyes:

SK-64: a lovely avian card with three species pictured from St. Kitts-Nevis;

FJ-1414: a wonderful panoply of moments and color from one of my best trips ever, to Fiji;

CF-553: a classic image and wonderful colors with the silhouettes of elephants at sunset.

I cant draw and make a handmade card , but i try to make this alhtough not good enough

This is one of the collection of KFC Kiddies club that i found in my cupboard

And our hologram meetup postcard. Im one of the committee who organize our first national Postcrossing Official Exhibition.

1 Like

https://s3.amazonaws.com/static2.postcrossing.com/postcard/medium/w8i8b4w8hqpkihs96s17o1syj0z9hax7.jpg

This is the best postcard I’ve ever sent