Thank you for postcards received - North America

Not my US state tag @BarbL great Santa Monica Pier card, thanks! Cool old stamps. Great to see you in there forum. Rainy in CT tonight, with some snow later

1 Like

Thanks so much for the special birthday greetings. All arrived on time, and were most appreciated. (I got only one card from a relative). I decided I needed to take a raincheck for a birthday celebration this year, though, as I had a very nasty cold/cough then that lingered for two weeks. My postcrossing almost came to a standstill.

@lyndylou5 - a painting of the tiny post office in Lilliwaup, Washington, 1926. I love a so many of our state’s place names. Glad you enjoyed a local high school musical. I really must remember to watch those, as they are often quite good. Many years ago we were regular patrons of these, starting when our kids were in elementary school.

@ellistrations - a lovely collection of birthday party images from Lou Paper. I really must reschedule my day, or I fear it will be missed completely.

@Susaninutah - a charming umbrella with lots of flowers. My crocuses are blooming now in the flower garden.

@maleko - a special birthday greeting specifically for a postcrosser. I need to get more active again. With the combination of retirement, then the pandemic, I’ve gotten to be a bit of hermit. I need to find some engaging volunteer activities. I loved working in an elementary school a half day a week prepandemic, but I’m still a little uncomfortable with the infectious disease exposures there.

Again, thank you all so much for the wonderful birthday postcards!

2 Likes

Thank you @CrimsonKing for USxUS request a color tag for both brown and polka dots.
I smiled at baby bear stopping for the wild flowers.

To answer your questions: No, not closer to anything, just beach, and it’s similar size actually, (2br not 3, but with a good size extra front room) but it’s more modern and insulated ( helps with electric bills), and now I have a flat mate.

1 Like

NA Perpetual Holiday Tag
Thank you, @avery27 for the awesome Barbie World Traveler card to celebrate “Ken Day.” I did have a substantial collection of Barbie dolls growing up and my best friend and I would set up elaborate sets and act out lengthy scenes and stories with them. Some stories were quite dramatic - kind of like “The Real Housewives” show. Great fun! :rofl:

1 Like

CAN-USA TAG – rec’d an awesome card from my favorite Jan in the world. You are much too kind, my friend. Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also rec’d a great card from @Bethmnie as well. Cats and yoga…is there anything else? Thanks Sara!!

3 Likes

for [Tag] US to US - Request a Color Tag received this lovely postcard of Monet’s Waterlilies and Japanese Bridge from @waydowneast Thank you so much! It’s kind of funny, because my little sister got a tattoo of Monet’s waterlillies on her foot - just one of the flowers as a close-up. It was a lovely tattoo, but as they age they tend to fade and blur a little, which did not lend itself to Monet’s style and I believe she’s had it covered up with something else since, but still definitely a favorite. :slight_smile: We have plenty of green stuff around here! We had to repot a bunch of things over the weekend.

1 Like

NA Perpetual Holiday Tag
Thank you, @kanosis for this awesome card for Buzzards Day. They are pretty ominous looking! We have a local recycling and yard waste place where residents can drop stuff off and a whole flock of them tends to congregate near the entry way, sitting on a huge container with their wings spread like this.

1 Like

NA CAN-USA TAG – Thanks for the awesome card and song, @Cera1985!! Cheers!

2 Likes

@CrimsonKing: US to US Request a Color Tag – Thanks for the great black&white “Walking Wide” photo. I’m doing okay. I’m loving my job a lot more than in Alaska, but I also find it hard to adjust to a more “city” lifestyle. I find myself missing Alaska often! You can’t beat the Maine lobster, but the fish and crab are better in Alaska for sure.

@waydowneast: NA Perpetual Holiday Tag – Thank you for the hilarious Donny Grey, Professional Pet Whisperer card. Haha, this is one of the funniest cards I’ve received in recent memory. I was REALLY hoping it was a legit ad card, but come to learn it’s part of Prank Postcards? I’ll have to add that postcard book to my wish list :slight_smile: Thanks so much for the great card!

1 Like

NA Scavenger Hunt Offer Tag
@MystiqueDeep thanks for this mushroom card. I’ve never picked wild ones myself either

NA CAN-USA TAG – rec’d an awesome green sea turtle from Hawaii!! It has the most gorgeous glitter!! Thank you @CeceG!!

NA Perpetual Holiday Tag
Thank youm @hootnoodle, for this awesome card of designer Ann Lowe for “Wear a Hat Day.” She wears it with style! Great stamps, too. Sounds like you are indeed enjoying some great live entertainment. I love going to plays and concerts.

@journeyforth: NA Bizarro Tag – Thank you for the great bizarre card! I love how ominous and intriguing it is. People flying all over the place in a beautiful rocky landscape… sign me up! Wow, I can’t believe it got up to 100 in Maine in the 80s! The cool summers is my second favorite part of living here (behind the fall).

@roxy: NA I Want Tag – Thank you for the amazing card from the effin’ birds set! I actually have the effin’ birds day calendar this year :wink: I love the vintage bird illustrations paired with the swearing negativity. The Bird Fact on the back is my favorite part of this card: “The immoderate crossbill is actually thrilled that you revealed yourself to be a total piece of shit. Now it can stop wondering about it.” Welp, I am that crossbill, haha!

2 Likes

NA I spy tag
I spied “friendship” and @Cera1985 sent the Golden Girls. Perfect. I love it! Thank you so much.

US x US Birthday RR
What a delightful surprise! I forgot this even existed and am so happy to receive an early birthday greeting from @mindymcmillan. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

2 Likes

PERPETUAL HOLIDAY TAG

@catniptea - a Garfield card for “Respect Your Cat Day”. Cute!

TAKING OUT THE TRASH X4 TAG

@anon27124317 - a really nice assortment with two food cards, one anime, and one view.

@sarahaeyo - three view cards and a pastel painting.

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

NA LouPaper-Wishlist Tag
Thank you @Cera1985 for this addition to my LouPaper collection. I did have a good Easter and I hope you did, as well.

USA You choose Tag Thanks Te @catniptea for the short-eared owl card with nice stamps, the fox and a US Postal Service stamp. Owls are so intriguing!

2 Likes

@DorH: NA Favorites Tag – Thank you so much for this “Alarming Tales: Ambassador From Outer Space” postcard! I forgot this card from my favorites, but I just love it… especially now that I’m listening to the UAPs podcast called “High Strange.” I totally agree with you that it’s much more fun to receive something that makes you laugh. I always have to buy tourist cards even though I don’t enjoy them – but I know they’re in such high demand on PC!

1 Like

Perpetual Holiday Tag

@cera1985 thank you for the card relating to International Happiness Day (I laughed…U.S. not included). LOL.

1 Like

USAxUSA tag thank you @rubycantfail for adorable sushi and nice Easter stckers.

2 Likes