Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

I just drew my first official address to China since the suspension, and I hope it’s alright to post my question in this thread.

On the forum I read about mail getting disinfected in China. I also saw photos of text and addresses having vanished from postcards due to the disinfection agents. Is there any recommendation as to what sort of pen to use so that at least a vanishing address can be taken out of the equasion regarding problems that might prevent delivery? :thinking:

To the people whose postcards arrived: what pen did you use?

Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

I used an ordinary ballpoint pen.

4 Likes

@backbeat They have stopped disinfecting, whatever I have received since I posted about that topic was unharmed. However using a ball point pen prevents the text and address to be washed out in case it falls into water or is exposed to rain (more frequent than one would think…). The disinfection anyway was done by some kind of radiation, the problem was the sticker affixed to tell the receiver that the card had been disinfected!!!

6 Likes

@Florallle and @maroussia thank you for your input!

2 Likes

Hooray! Yesterday there finally came some mail to me, after about a month! Four letters and two postcards and a small parcel! I feel wonderful, all these had been mailed in November, so the delay was not too much, from various European countries!

30 Likes

I deleted some off-topic posts regarding this theme Help regarding letter from china

1 Like

No postcards from official since November but many from RR or Tag games. Sad about that.

2 Likes

One of mine to China is about to expire. One to Ukraine too. :pensive: They’ll be my first to expire.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree, I also feel sad my offical cards are not being registered in China, especially since one was from a rare country.

4 Likes

How long are not official cards taking to arrive in China?

2 Likes

For me. Most around 25 to 60 days. Some Maybe longer.

1 Like

Yes, due to the impact of the white paper revolution, China :cn:has liberalized its epidemic policy.

5 Likes

The card I mailed to China in March 2022 has been registered today! 304 days! I’m so glad it made it. I actually sent a second card to them last fall too, so I don’t know which card actually made it.

16 Likes

Is there something update? I can only enjoy fun in RR games :smiling_face_with_tear: but no good news from official cards.

In the last seven days Postcrossers in China have had 2405 of their sent cards registered and 605 received. This is presumably because addresses to China are still not being given out in great quantity. I have only been given one Chinese address since July, when the total restriction on sending there was eased slightly. It has only been travelling a couple of weeks. My only other card travelling to China is on 263 days , the PXer was logged in fourteen days ago, but has not sent or received any cards for many months.

1 Like

I agree with you, no good news from official cards. I sent a card from a rare country and am still waiting (and hoping) for it to be registered. The recipient has not registered a card since October 1, 2022. Maybe he or she will one day receive a big batch of backlogged cards, I hope so.

4 Likes

i think i sent my last official to china on 20th april 2022 and still it has to be registered from that postcrosser who logs in regularly, as i often look at the last login in case of expired postcards.
no other chinese address has been given to me since then.
last year i received only 4 postcards from china and they arrived in about a month.
there’s a penpal of mine who lives in beijing (xicheng district) and our swapping doesn’t seem to be effected by this suspension; on his postcards he doesn’t write about mail problems.
on another postcard i received some weeks ago, the sender said he is forced to stay home 6 days a week, so that’s why he started postcrossing.

on another site where chinese users are probably as many as germans here, their addresses have been often given and many postcards i send get lost, others arrive in long times, others in reasonable times and i receive a lot from china from that site.
when i get a chinese address i am often worried because of this situation, as nobody likes their postcards get lost for time and money they dedicated, so i think postcrossing team is operating in the right way

6 Likes

well I have 14 cards to Russia that don’t arrive, also frustrating.

5 Likes

34 travelling to Russia and many expired
:frowning:

4 Likes

It does seem as though China Post is making an effort to deliver the foreign mail from last year that piled up while they were refusing to deal with it.

I’ve never sent a card to Russia, but thought their postal service was slow, but eventually arrives without a lot of loss?

2 Likes