Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

In the last seven days Postcrossers in China have had 2405 of their sent cards registered and 605 received. This is presumably because addresses to China are still not being given out in great quantity. I have only been given one Chinese address since July, when the total restriction on sending there was eased slightly. It has only been travelling a couple of weeks. My only other card travelling to China is on 263 days , the PXer was logged in fourteen days ago, but has not sent or received any cards for many months.

1 Like

I agree with you, no good news from official cards. I sent a card from a rare country and am still waiting (and hoping) for it to be registered. The recipient has not registered a card since October 1, 2022. Maybe he or she will one day receive a big batch of backlogged cards, I hope so.

4 Likes

i think i sent my last official to china on 20th april 2022 and still it has to be registered from that postcrosser who logs in regularly, as i often look at the last login in case of expired postcards.
no other chinese address has been given to me since then.
last year i received only 4 postcards from china and they arrived in about a month.
there’s a penpal of mine who lives in beijing (xicheng district) and our swapping doesn’t seem to be effected by this suspension; on his postcards he doesn’t write about mail problems.
on another postcard i received some weeks ago, the sender said he is forced to stay home 6 days a week, so that’s why he started postcrossing.

on another site where chinese users are probably as many as germans here, their addresses have been often given and many postcards i send get lost, others arrive in long times, others in reasonable times and i receive a lot from china from that site.
when i get a chinese address i am often worried because of this situation, as nobody likes their postcards get lost for time and money they dedicated, so i think postcrossing team is operating in the right way

6 Likes

well I have 14 cards to Russia that don’t arrive, also frustrating.

5 Likes

34 travelling to Russia and many expired
:frowning:

4 Likes

It does seem as though China Post is making an effort to deliver the foreign mail from last year that piled up while they were refusing to deal with it.

I’ve never sent a card to Russia, but thought their postal service was slow, but eventually arrives without a lot of loss?

2 Likes

no recent comparison but in 2015, 2016, 2017 it’s 5 lost to Russia and 2 lost to china for me (in total), 2019 + 2020 no losses but stopped sending in spring 20)

Got the first chinese address today (since I’m active again) and another 4 going to Russia tomorrow so I’m curious if they all will get there.

I had a card registered in China today! I sent the original card last May, and then sent a second card to them in late Fall (October or November, I cannot remember and my tracking notebook is downstairs). So glad it arrived, and they sounded so very happy to receive it as well. This gives me hope for the other cards sent last spring and summer, perhaps those cards will arrive before one year as well.

11 Likes

Who, is me ? :joy:

2 Likes

not you

1 Like

Just travelled with a friend from China and she said as well, that she would not send anything at the moment to China, it won’t arrive.

Yes, the admins are doing are great job💚! I am very lucky to have PC in my live.

As said, please stay respectful! It’s noones fault!

2 Likes

In the last 24 hours 470 cards from China have been registered and 94 received - the discrepancy between China’s sent and received cards keeps growing.

Hello Paulo,
In the period from Feb 24, 2022 till Nov 24, 2022 I sent 9 postcards to China which haven’t been registered. Because of that the system blocked me from requesting more adresses.
This policy seems inconsistent with this post. I am blamed for this ???
I have made several requests to unblock my account, unfortunately without effect.
In the meantime I have 78 postcard to send, but I cannot because of this block.
I don’t understand, I enjoy PC very much, but this punishment is very unfair.
Berry_i

6 Likes

Yesterday I registered a card sent from Washington on Jan, 15 and it traveled for 29 days. It’s the fastest postcard I received from the USA ever. However, postcards from Russia still have to travel for about 100 days.

I hope things are improving… I also received an envelope from the USA, and finally there wasn’t annoying stickers of disinfection on it this time.

3 Likes

A card that my wife sent to China 358 days ago was just auto-registered along with 22 other cards sent to the Postcrosser between February and May last year.

4 Likes

Yesterday I got a card from China, which was written on 03/29/2022, so 329 days ago.
However, the date on the stamp was 11.01.2023. It’s hard to tell where the map has been for so long. But she’s arrived, and that’s the most important thing.

5 Likes

I wonder if a suggestion of an alternative address, such as a p.o. box, rather than a school, would help Chinese members.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, we do have a PO Box renting service here in China, however, applying for an PO Box could be quite hard. Lots of post offices don’t have PO Boxes, even if you go to post offices with PO Box, the clerk may also have no idea about how to apply for an PO Box since sometimes the PO Box belongs to the delivery office. Some Chinese schools may be far from any post office, student seldom have opportunity to go outside from their school. It would be hard for them to collect mails if they choose to rent a PO Box. That’s why they choose to use school as their address.

11 Likes

Hi,

Wow! I didn’t know. Thank you for the information.

Thank you for the welcome!

Emerald2017

3 Likes

None of my official cards have arrived so far! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes