Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

I’d wait at least 90 days, as a minimum, before thinking about a second card to China.

6 Likes

I’m delighted to report that the card I sent to China 86 days ago was registered just now. :smiley: There is hope, after all!

13 Likes

Yesterday I went to check my box, no mail, it was again empty like the last three weeks. It seems there have been no postal deliveries in Chaoyang district for almost three weeks…
I am afraid most postal employees are at home recovering from omicron…like a number of our friends and acquaintances!
But a Bank of China near the airport said when called that they would be open to-morrow… Wonderful…

7 Likes

The post office in my area told the mail transposition was closed since staff test positive for Covid-19.but yesterday my registered letter was sent out from there and today reached my local post office. So I think it’s back to normal

6 Likes

To-day in Beijing… it is possible to drop letters or postcards into the boxes, as they have removed the blockage of the slots… But two post-offices I tried were still closed. And no mail had been delivered… A real lot of people seem to be sick and unable to come to work!

8 Likes

I have good news to report: the card I sent on October 27th arrived in Beijing within 47 days :partying_face:
I’m very optimistic that things will normalise :blush:

16 Likes

I just drew my first official address to China since the suspension, and I hope it’s alright to post my question in this thread.

On the forum I read about mail getting disinfected in China. I also saw photos of text and addresses having vanished from postcards due to the disinfection agents. Is there any recommendation as to what sort of pen to use so that at least a vanishing address can be taken out of the equasion regarding problems that might prevent delivery? :thinking:

To the people whose postcards arrived: what pen did you use?

Thanks for your input!

2 Likes

I used an ordinary ballpoint pen.

4 Likes

@backbeat They have stopped disinfecting, whatever I have received since I posted about that topic was unharmed. However using a ball point pen prevents the text and address to be washed out in case it falls into water or is exposed to rain (more frequent than one would think…). The disinfection anyway was done by some kind of radiation, the problem was the sticker affixed to tell the receiver that the card had been disinfected!!!

6 Likes

@Florallle and @maroussia thank you for your input!

2 Likes

Hooray! Yesterday there finally came some mail to me, after about a month! Four letters and two postcards and a small parcel! I feel wonderful, all these had been mailed in November, so the delay was not too much, from various European countries!

30 Likes

I deleted some off-topic posts regarding this theme Help regarding letter from china

1 Like

No postcards from official since November but many from RR or Tag games. Sad about that.

2 Likes

One of mine to China is about to expire. One to Ukraine too. :pensive: They’ll be my first to expire.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree, I also feel sad my offical cards are not being registered in China, especially since one was from a rare country.

4 Likes

How long are not official cards taking to arrive in China?

2 Likes

For me. Most around 25 to 60 days. Some Maybe longer.

1 Like

Yes, due to the impact of the white paper revolution, China :cn:has liberalized its epidemic policy.

5 Likes

The card I mailed to China in March 2022 has been registered today! 304 days! I’m so glad it made it. I actually sent a second card to them last fall too, so I don’t know which card actually made it.

16 Likes

Is there something update? I can only enjoy fun in RR games :smiling_face_with_tear: but no good news from official cards.