Help regarding letter from china

I would appreciate some help.

My friend is waiting for a letter from China. Her friend sent her a picture of it but has already mailed it.

In the picture she noticed that her friend put the receiver‘s address where the sender‘s address would normally go and the other way around.

Is this normal for letters sent from China? Will it still arrive?

It might arrive, but it might not too. Postal systems will sometimes go the extra mile to deliver irregularly addressed mail, but there’s a reason they require certain formats for delivery. Good luck!

In the worst case, the sender will receive its own letter. It won’t be lost.

I think the post office will probably return the letter to the sender

Did she address it wrongly by Chinese standards too? I’m surprised because it can’t really be the first letter she ever sent so I’m a bit confused. Maybe it was an accident or she was tired.

If it makes its way out of China I guess it will be stamped by the Chinese mail company so people in Germany should see that it came from China, would they still send it back?

Thanks again!

China address is opposite than International, I have to say I done those things when I was a new member, your friend may get letter safely,or letter will back to who send letter.

If it makes its way out of China I guess it will be stamped by the Chinese mail company so people in Germany should see that it came from China, would they still send it back?

everything that can’t be machine read is hand sorted. So it’ll be easy to see, that it’s not to China but from China, especially due to the stamps been stamped etc. Every mail receives an encoded barcode address in luminescent orange for the automated processing so it should run through the rest of the stages without issue. And postal delivery workers are flexible; I received cards where even I had to search where the address was put and it was very small hugging an edge…

It depends on the local post office. But, normally, the letter would not have been lost. If it can’t be mailed, the local post office will return it to the sender’s address.