[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner šŸ˜ƒ

Hello @chrisbonham11 this is ouR Spanish Countdown thread
I hope you spent a nice time here in our country. :kissing_heart:

Hello @Slerk this is your lucky day :grin:
I have several postcards of Canary Islands, Tenerife mostly

Here you can see the albums: Tenerife | Flickr
Canarias | Flickr

Just choose your favourite one and we can do a swap and I send to you.

1 Like

Thank you for your responsiveness, but I would like not just a postcard, but a postcard with a local postage stamp and a postmark of the Canary Islands.

@Slerk That is a little problem, mail from Canary Island are not postmark normaly like in the rest of Spain, we donĀ“t know why but they donĀ“t do that. About the stamps, they are the same than in the rest of Spain. There are not special stamps of Canary Islands nowadays.

People there, needs to go to the post office and ask for Turistic Postmark. But no problem, you can choose one of my Canary Islands Postcards and in a few days I can go to one of these offices and ask for it. Maybe this PostMark is ok? I am not living there but I am going to visit my relatives.

Thank you, @Maritere ! I had a grand time visiting friends in Marbella, then some solo time in MĆ”laga before flying home. It was only my third time in Spain; the last time was nearly 10 years ago! I hope I donā€™t leave it so long until my next visit!

2 Likes

Hello people in Mexco, could you respond me?

Do you have to attach customs declarations when you send a postcard?
Today I received a postcard from Mexico with customs declarations document attached.

If it was business thing or items other than postcards, you might have to do it.
This is only a postcard and not business but hobby thing.

It made me very confused thinking I have to pay extra (normally customs duties are paid by the recipient.)

Perhaps this is a measure to ensure that mail is not lost, but it confused me anyway.

So could you explain postal situation in Mexico? Postcards with customs declarations are officially recommend?

And is that we are not obliged to pay and can be reassured about?

Thanks in advance.

Hola! This weekend Iā€™m visiting Palma de Mallorca. Is there a larger post office there where I can buy a range of stamps? Is there a special postmark I can get? I tried looking for information about Mallorca already but I couldnā€™t find anyā€¦ Iā€™m sorry if I missed it! Gracias!

1 Like

There is one big office near the palace and cathedral, at Carrer ConstituciĆ³ 6.
Not sure if they have any special postmark there, I didnā€™t asked.

However, I was very surprised because I also got stamps at SĆ³ller, in a smaller post office at the town.

1 Like

Hola a todos!
Is Monday June 24th a public holiday in Spain (and if yes, in Palma de Mallorca as well)?
@Saouri, thank you very much for the detailed information about Palma de Mallorca post offices! Do you know by chance, the post office at Carrer ConstituciĆ³ 6 will be open on June 24th (google says that due to some holidays the hours might differ)? Is it possible to come with written postcards directly there and get them stamped? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, I have never sent a postcard from Spain before. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi again!.
Iā€™ve just check at Google and certain pages mention Sant Joan (June 24th) will be holiday at Palma. So, probably the post office wonā€™t be open that day.

About to postmark there by yourself, I canā€™t give you information because I just send my cards from a street mailbox.

Very sorry for not be helpful about this matter.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information! If not this time, next time then. :blush:

1 Like

Mexican here.
As long as I know, thereā€™s no need for a customs declaration in a postcard. A postcard is so small and lightweight that is practically useless, maybe there was a problem with that batch or the mexican postal service was at fault, it is kinda bad here.

Hello, good day from the Netherlands. Iā€™m visiting Valencia soon and I wonder if somebody can please tell me the tariffs for a stamp (for Europe and rest of the world etc). I tried to look it up at the Correos website but itā€™s mostly all in Spanish. And ofcourse I want to send cards in travel mode :wink:

And maybe somebody can tell me the places in Valencia to buy (vintage) postcards and where is the biggest postoffice.

1 Like

The tariffs are:

Destination Spain or Andorra (A stamps): 0,82ā‚¬
Destination Europe (B stamps): 1,70ā‚¬
Destination elsewhere (C stamps): 1,75ā‚¬
Destination specifically United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Russia (D stamps): 2,10ā‚¬

The best postcard store in Valencia is La Postalera, which you can find in Calle Danzas 3 or Calle CorrejerĆ­a 4, they sell self-designed postcards and souvenirs.

Also the biggest post office is the one in Plaza del Ayuntamiento 24.

3 Likes

Thank you :pray: so much! Very helpful :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes