Sugggestion - delete inactive member(s) over one year

That’s it!

3 Likes

It makes me sad too x

1 Like

I think the effort isn’t wasted.
I think they still got the card, maybe they like it, but something happened and they can’t register it. Then I think maybe they even feel guilty not being able to register, and I start thinking, I hope they won’t feel guilty :smile:

Because the cards doesn’t vanish, it’s somewhere, someone either liked it so much they stole it (and I think if someone likes a card so much, I can send one to them too, just ask :D), or it arrived, or is waiting somewhere stuck in a box etc.

And the rare case it’s destroyed, but still I liked sending it. That’s also why my effort is only within the amounts it’s good for me and how I like to use my energy.

But no to account deletion, again I got a member who hasn’t been active since 2011 I think, and became active lately, I simply l o v e how this is a hobby you can have such long pause in. Of course if they didn’t register cards at some point, maybe that’s not so lovable, but deleting accounts doesn’t help to that (not registered card).

5 Likes

No, you aren’t, I can relate to that. In the beginning, it really hurt me to see cards expiring and falling off the grid because some users didn’t log in again. It felt like it always concerned great cards, even ones I kept for years before finally sending them out. :pensive:

But the longer I participated, the less it hurt. It’s just part of the process. :relieved:

And I dedicated a Flickr album to some of the cards that got lost. :slightly_smiling_face: So they still have a place in my hobby.

4 Likes

There is also the thread Your greatest cards that never made it
I am waiting for some of my cards to get to 360 days to post them there :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes