Sticker bombing on postcard

The post office here gives away free postcards for holidays. These for Valentine’s Day had nice images but the messages were a little too “love”y, so I sticker bombed all around the images themselves.

11 Likes

“What do you all think?”

If someone is sticker-bombing the writing side of the card, it’s totally okay for me. I also use stickers from time to time.

But I received some cards with beautiful pictures and they were bombed with stickers. I really hate this, it makes me sad. Infact I delete such pictures from my wall.
I’d rather prefer a boring ad card than a card covered with a tons of stickers.

It is a different matter if you have bought extra blank cards for this. Then it could be really interesting.

1 Like

I love the interaction of the photos with the stickers! I might have to try this with magazine clippings :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Recently, this topic reminded me of covering my old laptop with airmail stickers some years ago…

I have a new one that I’ve kept pristine for a few years now… maybe it’s time to start the covering again! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love this idea! I recently bought some blank postcards to write kanji on, but I love the idea of decorating them with tons of stickers… I have so many kawaii stickers… might be fun to swap. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Me too! :laughing:

I think we should have a tag for that :blush:

1 Like

I like your first version and go at Sticker Bombing. I would be happy postcrosser to recieve something similar.
Good first try!

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration, Yudi! I tried sticker bombing for the first time on a boring envelope. I hope it gets there okay! I only wish I had used the larger stickers first, then the smaller ones. And I forgot to take a picture to share. Sticker bombing is a great way to use up lackluster or humdrum stickers, too.

3 Likes

Right exactly ideal for stickers that are difficult to use. And the results are always so cool.
Next time do not forget the picture. :hugs:

1 Like

This is such a good idea. I have some postcards from a boxed set with virtually nothing on them, and I’d been wondering what on earth I could do with them. This! Thank you.

I sorted my stickers and these from the “new postcard” are so hard to use on normal postcards. Now I have used them all up and another sticker postcard was created.

This kind of stickers are by the way the last page of a partner wall calendar so for decoration, I have this calendar for many years. And therefore from each year some left. Now finally all the leftovers are well used up.

4 Likes

And another postcard from those free stickers from the supermarket.

7 Likes

I love this! I love Shaun the Sheep. Would you like to do a swap? I have made these two-

The postcards have poems on the back. Let me know if you would like to swap :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: @Monika2019

5 Likes