Sticker bombing on postcard

The post office here gives away free postcards for holidays. These for Valentine’s Day had nice images but the messages were a little too “love”y, so I sticker bombed all around the images themselves.

26 Likes

“What do you all think?”

If someone is sticker-bombing the writing side of the card, it’s totally okay for me. I also use stickers from time to time.

But I received some cards with beautiful pictures and they were bombed with stickers. I really hate this, it makes me sad. Infact I delete such pictures from my wall.
I’d rather prefer a boring ad card than a card covered with a tons of stickers.

It is a different matter if you have bought extra blank cards for this. Then it could be really interesting.

5 Likes

I love the interaction of the photos with the stickers! I might have to try this with magazine clippings :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Recently, this topic reminded me of covering my old laptop with airmail stickers some years ago…

I have a new one that I’ve kept pristine for a few years now… maybe it’s time to start the covering again! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I love this idea! I recently bought some blank postcards to write kanji on, but I love the idea of decorating them with tons of stickers… I have so many kawaii stickers… might be fun to swap. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Me too! :laughing:

I think we should have a tag for that :blush:

1 Like

I like your first version and go at Sticker Bombing. I would be happy postcrosser to recieve something similar.
Good first try!

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration, Yudi! I tried sticker bombing for the first time on a boring envelope. I hope it gets there okay! I only wish I had used the larger stickers first, then the smaller ones. And I forgot to take a picture to share. Sticker bombing is a great way to use up lackluster or humdrum stickers, too.

3 Likes

Right exactly ideal for stickers that are difficult to use. And the results are always so cool.
Next time do not forget the picture. :hugs:

1 Like

This is such a good idea. I have some postcards from a boxed set with virtually nothing on them, and I’d been wondering what on earth I could do with them. This! Thank you.

1 Like

I sorted my stickers and these from the “new postcard” are so hard to use on normal postcards. Now I have used them all up and another sticker postcard was created.

This kind of stickers are by the way the last page of a partner wall calendar so for decoration, I have this calendar for many years. And therefore from each year some left. Now finally all the leftovers are well used up.

16 Likes

And another postcard from those free stickers from the supermarket.

28 Likes

I love this! I love Shaun the Sheep. Would you like to do a swap? I have made these two-

The postcards have poems on the back. Let me know if you would like to swap :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: @Monika2019

23 Likes

Make a postcard out of this image! :purple_heart:

Thanks for that input Angelthecat! I have 10 blank orange cards and was thinking about creating "sticker cards from them. But I have seen so many profiles where people are sort of down on “homemade cards” that I was hesitant to give that a try. Btw, I love hand made cards because it’s like having an individual art print and it’s a little piece of the mind of another person. I also like stickers, so it wouldn’t bother me to get a card made up of stickers from that person’s area. I think it would be super interesting.

1 Like

@Wynnie That sounds like a great idea to me. I have blank coloured cards too, so I will keep this in mind. I wouldn’t worry too much about those “no handmade” profiles, but I understand your feeling. This is your hobby and you should do what you enjoy! I love receiving handmade and I also do swaps for them and there seem to be quite some people on the forum that enjoy handmade. And maybe you will get that profile where someone is not down on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First of all - yes or no, would you get a kick out of receiving a sticker-bombed card?

I don’t mean one that had a topic or picture that was then covered over with stickers - I think that might be a bummer - but a blank card where the person went to town sharing all their favorite stickers on it?

I know that falls into the “homemade” category, so I wouldn’t consider sending one to someone who specifically said they don’t prefer that. But I bet there might be folks (like me) who would enjoy that.

Anyone mind sharing photos of some of your favorite / best examples?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Have a look at this thread:

@Wynnie You may want to check out the Handmade RR - there’s currently an open sticker-bombing group where you’re most welcome to join! :slight_smile:

I love sticker-bombing, too, though my cards tend to turn out rather weird, but that may be due to the fact that I had a lot of weird stickers I needed to to something with… :slight_smile:

Here are a few examples:

:green_heart: :fox_face:

10 Likes