Stave church meetup in Oslo, Norway Saturday May 4th, 2024

I like most postcards haha I’m not a collector, I just enjoy looking at the pictures (and reading messages) :wink:

hei, I thought there is only one design - with the wooden church.

I will be in Oslo, Horten, and the Lofoten area in Aug (10th-27th). If you are doing another meet up, please let me know. Sad I missed out on that stave church card:(

We do monthly meetups in Oslo, just let us know when you’ll be in the area and if there’s anywhere specific you’d like to go see with the locals. We’re happy to oblige :grin:

Hey @LeishaCamden , maybe we should go to Horten… We’ve never had a meetup there.

About tomorrow, I’ll catch the bus line 30 Bygdøy from Solli plass with @marit_la, since this bus doesn’t stop at Nationaltheatret. It’ll be the 11.26 or the 11.41 departure from Solli plass. My train arrives at Nationaltheatret 11.17.

I’ll be in Oslo Aug 10 - 13 and 18; but, realistically, after an overseas red eye, a 5 hour Stockholm layover, and an 8 hour time difference, the 10th will be a wash and the 13th, I need to head to Horten at some point so don’t know if the. My current “want to see” list has the Deichman Stovner library and Ekebergparken on it but I am open to other things for sure. I also want to get back to Tim Wendelboe. I will be in Horten Aug 13 - 18 (heading back to Oslo on the 18th for the afternoon and night).

Also super interested in forest walks or Holmenkollen Chapel (though I’d rather see the library than the chapel).

1 Like

I’ll aim for the 11:41 bus

Good evening everyone. The weather in Oslo has been nice and warm :hot_face::hot_face:. We are going by ferry :ferry::ferry: and plan to visit a few museums. See you at Norsk folk museum around 12.30pm.

Kind regards,

John and Elizabeth.

1 Like

I hope I will not end up in the wrong museum tomorrow​:sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Maybe you can meet us at the bus stop and we’ll go out to the museum together? :blush:

Luckily the bus stop is even called Folkemuseet, so this one should be hard to mix up with anywhere else! :joy: See you soon.

You’ve been so lucky weather-wise! Enjoy the ferry ride to Bygdøy, see you soon!

We’ll talk about this at the meetup today and get back to you :grinning:

I was a little bit joking😂 I already visited the folks museum once.

Taking the scenic route to the train station this beautiful morning. I did remember to bring y’all’s cards :grin:

3 Likes

love to swap with somebody

i have today a meetup on schiermonninkoog the netherlands

Hello from Germany. I’m currently on the way to Rochlitz for the meetup. While I was browsing the forum again, I discovered your beautiful Meetup-card. If anyone would like to trade places with me, I’m very welcome. I would be happy.
Have fun everybody.
Sylvia

I’m on my way! Where in or outside the museum do we meet?

Try the gift shop first :grin: My train is currently at Skøyen.

KAS and marit_la and I are taking the bus from Solli plass. I think we are taking it to the Kon-Tiki museum to look for postcards first, because our special guests will be a little late so we have time for that