Stave church meetup in Oslo, Norway Saturday May 4th, 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Norsk Folkemuseum, Museumsveien 10
:calendar: DATE: May 4th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Visiting Gol stave church as well as other parts of the museum, having lunch/early dinner, signing postcards

Our quarterly weekend meetup will be held at the Folk Museum in honor of our visiting guests, @studier with his wife and … children? :smiley: We will focus on Gol stave church (ca 1200), the jewel of the museum’s collection, but there is lots more to see there as well. Norsk Folkemuseum is the world’s oldest open air museum and has a huge collection of all sorts of artifacts from Norwegian history. Let’s hope for good weather!

I’ll see if I can arrange a guided tour of some kind, if not, I will play guide myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We will sit down to eat and sign our cards at some point, not sure where yet. We’ll leave that open for now.

The museum’s website is here: Norsk Folkemuseum - Norsk Folkemuseum
OBOS members get a discounted price on tickets and the Oslo Pass gives you free entry. @studier you may want to make sure that your Oslo Passes are valid on this date :slight_smile:

We will definitely have a meetup card for this meetup … ! :smiley: Watch this thread for more info.

@KAS it’s your job to promote this meetup on Facebook as usual :smiley:

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread. We may end up needing to book a table somewhere.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

4 Likes

Alright, so here’s the meetup card. Photo by @LeishaCamden from a previous visit to the museum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Price will as always depend on size of total order. Assume between 4-7 NOK per card. The bigger our total order = the cheaper per card. Price will be updated here when known.

Please order by April 14. Update April 14: cards have been ordered today. Price per card is 6.5 NOK. There are no extra cards available.

Orders (bold = paid)
KAS - 15
marit_la - 30
LeishaCamden - 15
studier - 15 (100 kr)
Baguetta - 15
Rasavil - 10

Payment: cash on the day or by Vipps (for the locals)

5 Likes

See you there, will promote away! :grinning:

1 Like

I will be there.

The day before my birthday🤔 have to think about it if I can join

Think of it as your birthday part one :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hello,

Many thanks for that and we appreciate all that you do.

Kind regards,

John, Liz, Buddy and Ruby.

Hello Kas,

I wondered about the meetup cards and how much they will cost per card? I would very much be interested in buying meetup cards.

Kind regards,

John, Elizabeth, Buddy and Ruby.

Wow time flies! Thanks for the reminder, I’ll get around to it some time this week. Usually the price lands between 4 and 6 NOK per card, depending on total size of order. The more cards = the cheaper per card.

Hi all, this post is updated with meetup card info now.

Jeg tar 20.

1 Like

I would like 15 meetup cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to swap a signed meetup card, anyone willing to exchange? I have signed meetup cards from Germany or many other card topics.

Hello dear Postcrossers!
I would be very interested in swap the wonderful card.
My offers:

Enjoy your meetup and thank you in advance.

Hello Kas,

I like the meetup picture and I would be willing to buy 20 cards or spend 100 Kroner.

Kind regards,

John, Liz, Buddy and Ruby.

1 Like

I know it’s still early, but just a heads up: so far we only have orders for 75 cards.

That means they will be very expensive. We will have to order 100 cards, which incl shipping comes to 650 NOK. Divided by 75 that’s 8.7 NOK per card, which also means one order will be reduced due to a max spending limit which means even fewer cards ordered which leaves us with a price of around 10 NOK per card.

We need a total order of at least 100 cards to get a price below 7 NOK per card.

I will join😊 I take 15 cards.

1 Like

I will take 10 more cards.

1 Like

Great! Look forward to seeing you again :grinning:

1 Like

Good stuff, taking one for the team :sweat_smile: The bigger the order, the cheaper per card. :grinning: