Someday soon I won’t be a newbie…help needed

Ok, all my cards have been registered, first five all received….now where do I go to get more? To send that is…

And I have learned now, to be sure to add a date, leave room on the bottom and possibly explain card with a message to the addressed peep …

Oh and stamp of course…anything else?

Apologies for being such a newbie…

Cheerio
Mdm samm

2 Likes

If you want to send more cards, just go to the main page postcrossing.com and you will find a button send a postcard on the front page (under your avatar).

2 Likes

@Cassiopheia ahhhh ok, here I thought it just send me a new list…

Thanks a heap

Join the Forum and lover over the many Tags, Round Robins, etc that are open.

3 Likes

Have you explored the site? There’s a lot of interesting information :+1: especially on the FAQ page.

2 Likes

@Wilmariina gracious … I try to explore ,ore each day… so ty for the screenshot too

Cheerio

1 Like

Hi @mdmsamm,
Maybe check out some of these Round Robins:

Hope you find something you like!

3 Likes

@HookedonPostcards now this is delightful…. Love to do the Canadian RR…so nice as stamps will be less ;)…

Is that group closed though?

Cheerio

The Canadian RR begins anew each month. So, check in with the moderator, @stinkypaw, to find out when you can sign up for the June RR. Sign-ups for most monthly RRs are anywhere from the second to the fourth week.

@HookedonPostcards thanks Helen I did send her a note…so RR are every month yea? Ohhhhh without you, I would still be waiting for my first card…albeit it has only been 10 days :joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure why people are talking about RRs here, isn’t that more confusing?

To clarify, to send “official” cards, the ones with the ID, you go to the main website and select “send” (which you must have done for the first 5 too). You don’t have to send 5, you can send one when you want. I send one or two when I feel like it, usually at weekends.

RR and forum activities are extra if you want to send more. As a newbie, I used to find them really confusing while I found the main site really easy. I barely do any RR and such things, of course you can do as many as you want if you wish.

5 Likes

@elikoa I mirror your sentiment, I was a bit confused yesterday and as I knew how to initially begin, I was not sure if the next batch of cards were just signed to me automatically…I like the idea of doing a couple at a time too’ especially for international which I don’t usually have lots of stamps for….will now wink…

Thank you for your note
Cheerio

2 Likes

No, addresses are never assigned to us automatically. And we’ll only get one address each time we click “send a postcard”, so we’ll never get a batch of addresses unless we click “send a postcard” multiple times.

3 Likes

@Norway_girl I know that now…:slight_smile: just sent another six this am….4 international, 1 USA and 1 Canadian…

Guess I am learning as I go…with guidance from you sweet peeps…

2 Likes

@mdmsamm
I’m just saying hello and welcome you to Postcrossing.
Enjoy! It can be a lot of fun, even addictive, but most of the people are kind, and receiving cards from everywhere is great.

2 Likes

@Crystalinne what a pleasure to see your note… lots to figure out that is for sure, but agree with you everyone has been very kind and helpful…

Thanks for the cheer
Mdm samm

1 Like